To day.. I can enter "The Pilots lounge"

bigsweede

Hi !

Today i got my PPL and can enter "The lounge" !

1 h 20 min's check ride and i got the license in my hand.

A day to remember !

Back to the Champange !

Cheers !

Stefan Nilsson

Örebro - Sweden

Hi !

Today i got my PPL and can enter "The lounge" !

1 h 20 min's check ride and i got the license in my hand.

A day to remember !

Back to the Champange !

Cheers !

Stefan Nilsson

Örebro - Sweden

Erm - shouldn't you land first  :D  Well done.

Congrats Stefan! You are always welcome to this "Lounge" even without a PPL :)

Don't we all have "virtual" (simulator) PPLs, and therefore entirely welcome into this "Lounge"?  :D   Seriously, congratulations Stefan on your "real" PPL!

By the way, is there a good online tutorial website that can help one achieve the equivalent of a "virtual" PPL in FSX/Prepar3D?

Welcome to the club Stefan! I did my first flight with passengers on Saturday and it was such a great experience. That first flight you do with your friends really brings home the realisation of how valuable a PPL is and that it is worth all the effort you put into it.

Happy take-offs, landings and everything inbetween !

Cheers !

• 5 months later...

Excellent!  The day I showed up for my check ride was supposed to be sunny and great for flying.  I showed up to dense fog and I couldn't see 100 feet from me.  I did the oral first and finally around noon the fog lifted enough that we could go.  The lowest cloud deck was about 3500-4000 feet so we had to stay under that of course and it was windy, man it was windy.  I passed but it was a stressful day for sure.  Far from what the foretasted conditions were supposed to be.

Congrats!  I still remember the feeling from the day I got mine over 40 years ago.

Remember, you are a PPL now, but with (probably around) less than 50 hours piloting time.  That really means you have a license to "Keep Learning".  Use it wisely AND safely as you gain more experience in the things you may NOT know yet.

Of course, have fun too.  You earned it!

• 1 month later...
On 20 november 2015 at 1:41 AM, FalconAF said:

Congrats!  I still remember the feeling from the day I got mine over 40 years ago.

Remember, you are a PPL now, but with (probably around) less than 50 hours piloting time.  That really means you have a license to "Keep Learning".  Use it wisely AND safely as you gain more experience in the things you may NOT know yet.

Of course, have fun too.  You earned it!

I will definitely not take the license as a proof for excellence piloting.

Still got a huge respect for the task.

The graduation flight is still a very nice memory, when flying with one of Swedens most experienced aviators as examiner.

He got more than 19000 loged  hours, and flying experience of more than 130 different aircraft.

And there i was... 51 hours and 2 aircrafts.. 

If i was nervous ?

U bet !

:)

Archived