11S see through taxiway

Paidtoast

I just recently purchased the payware 11S airport and i got some big holes in the taxiway

im running REX essential plus, ftx PNW, and active sky, i had fs genisis land class but uninstalled it thinking that was the problem. any help would be great

found an article from someone else that had the same issue

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/topic/218309-holes-in-groundtaxiways-in-some-ftx-airfields/

2saz78o.jpg

I'm having the same issue and my mesh is already set to 5m.

I'm using Global and Vector as well. I rescanned with Vector and no AEC option to enable or disable for 11S exists.

What else could it be?

I have almost all NA airports and this is the only one with an issue (that I'm aware of)...

I ran into this issue a couple of days ago with a different airport.  I remembered some advice by one of the Devs about switching regions in FTX Central from NA to Global (for example), click Apply, then switch back to NA, hit Apply, then run FSX.  It worked!  It seems the settings for the different regions need to be reset sometimes when new airports are installed (or something like that--I don't quite remember the exact reason).

Stew

I set it to Global (not hybrid) and then set it back. Same thing.

So I then set it to Global and started FSX @ 11S and the airport looks like I'd expect it to look.

So, I set it back to NA and went back to it and it's broken again. :-[

Ok.  Since you've done the cycle bit with NA and Global, run the AEC configurator in Vector (if you have it), then run the OrbxLibs.  Then run FSX again.  If that doesn't work, somebody else will have to try to help you.  I'm out of ideas that work for me.

No official response yet...

I've also started having frequent crashes, even after just loading up a flight and sitting on the runway. Never had this before.

I also noticed that the static aircraft were no longer at KORS.

So, I'm restoring the system back to the 20th and will test for stabilization and then will try again.

Just an update, restored back to the 20th (full HDD restore) and still had a crash and the traffic at KORS was apparently lowered which is why no one was there.

So, those issues are not related to the 11S runway problem (which still exists).

After much consternation, I've found an ORBX BLG file that I disabled and it seemed to fix the issue. So, now I'm restoring back to the 27th and will try to apply the fix there.

I was going to purchase a few more airports during the sale, but the lack of official support is disconcerting...

Just guessing, but your post may have been missed because the topic was marked "Answered".  Glad you got the problem fixed, but don't understand how that file might have been disabled.

Anyway, don't be turned off by the lack of support.  Normally, the staff is very prompt in answering questions/problems.  And you won't be disappointed with those new airports you're thinking of buying.

Stew

To be clear, I had to manually disable the BGL file to fix it. Whether it should be disabled or should have been automatically disabled when installing the airport, I can't say. But it seemed to fix the issue, but I'm still restoring my system to see if the fix will work there...

To find out the real story with that BGL file, I would post a new inquiry in a separate thread and probably someone will have an answer.  Sorry I'm no help with that.  I had no trouble with Sekiu except the 5m mesh resolution issue.

Stew

• 1 month later...

It would help here and elsewhere if the particular simulation in question were specified.

I have no idea which is in use but I did find that when I had 11S installed in FSX Steam,

a mesh setting of 10 m was required to remove the error.

This is not to contradict Micha, as 5m is indeed the setting for FSX and P3D.

Perhaps this might be worth a try if indeed FSX Steam is in use by any of you.

Archived