Study and search for new solutions.

Thanks Maurizio, I fully share your observation and explanation.
As mentioned, my technique refers to the mountains with vertical walls, not in wooded areas with

limited slope. The 3D models are empty, you can not insert the autogen.
The placement and insertion in photorealistic scenery (PR) ... is the real hard problem.
Variations in color, smooth transition, shadows still on PR ... are all issues to be resolved.
Also meshes below should be modified to accommodate the 3D model without overlapping.
When a DEM is translated into object (OBJ) loses all geographical coordinate ... and need to place

the object manually, be attentive to  "scale", size, altitude ... It takes a lot of experience.
The most striking example is the 3 peaks of Lavaredo:
The summary of all the difficulties in building a 3D model (as real)

lavaredo9.jpg

At the French-Italian or Swiss-Italian borders, far from South Germany which is the only project on the roadmap after North Germany ! Who knows whether France and Italy will be ever made or when.  And there was no show of interest from OrbX for a cross-border Alps. So we have to do with what we have which aint bad at all already and Frank's Alpine works in a package nested into OpenLC EU+Mesh would sell like hot cakes in my opinion. And no need to wait for 2018, 2019 or 2020. Immediate gratification as Noel would put it   :)  ! 

My Alpine scenery freeware (aren't longer available for several months), are limited to a single season and for most are planar type and PR.
How they are made, they aren't  interested in Orbx, if it's a project Orbx, must be completely redone and adapted to mesh.

I would love to see more Venezuelan scenery.  The work on Angel Falls is great and there are many other scenic places in that area.  Many other falls and spectacular mountains, especially in the rainy season.  Also, many grass airstrips used to work with the indigenous peoples there that are not seen on any charts.  Now if you could find a way to reproduce the double rainbows that are often found in that area as well, that would be fantastic!

Are experiments, testing scenery ... will be available when it will complete the area of Lake Powel + Page city

I love this idea!  Using the desert (no trees) means the model vs. autogen conflict is not such a problem.

Archived