FTX Central 2 help please? I'm very confused about this.

Jack Sawyer

Ok, another set of questions about FTX Central 2.

I installed Australia, it looks fine but I WISH I could find those areas where the screenshots were taken.

This is what happens.

FTX Central 2

Settings

Tools

FTX Aero - Build 1.0.3.0 March 2012

Coarse 2048 x 2048

Yellow and Black

Click Apply

"Aero has detected that the following file has been updated since Aero was last run."

Four boxes:

OK to overwrite files in FSX

Copy file to your own backup

Make file the Aero default

Do nothing with this file

What should I do?

Hi Jack,

I can't help you with the Australia screenshots unfortunately as they were taken long before I joined Orbx.

However, Aero is telling you that a file it wants to overwrite in your simulator has changed since you last ran Aero.

This may be caused by using an external program that modifies these same textures (e.g. REX).

If you would like to use the Aero textures, click the "OK to overwrite files in FSX" button. If you would like to use the other textures (REX etc), click "Do nothing with this file".

Thanks for getting back to me Ben. I appreciate it.

I have not installed REX yet.

All I have is GEX but I don't think that is it because with FTX Global it overwrites all GEX right? I do not like GEX, I should have uninstalled it before I installed FTX Global.

Anyway, it would seem the four boxes I am geting is telling me that a newer version of the file is present?

It seems the FTX Global version of Aero is somehow older than the UK version.

I'm not sure about any of this as it is just conjecture on my part.

Thanks for getting back to me Ben. I appreciate it.

I have not installed REX yet.

All I have is GEX but I don't think that is it because with FTX Global it overwrites all GEX right? I do not like GEX, I should have uninstalled it before I installed FTX Global.

Anyway, it would seem the four boxes I am geting is telling me that a newer version of the file is present?

It seems the FTX Global version of Aero is somehow older than the UK version.

I'm not sure about any of this as it is just conjecture on my part.

Yes, the dialog that Aero shows is telling you that you are going to be overwriting a file that is not the simulator default (i.e., newer).

Would you mind letting me know the name of the file that you're getting the message for?

I'm sorry Ben I am not at the PC now but I will get back to you with the names of the files as are there are several. Basically it is any of the Aero's textures. I think there's four of them.

I will ensure I give you the names tomorrow and know this, I am grateful for your help.

I have found your products to be the best, I was hesitant for a long time in buying them as a person I know does not like Orbx and always puts you guys down. So I decided to see for myself what so many others have been raving about and I found he was wrong. I started with the Trees and bought more and more. And now I am VERY satisfied with your products and wish I had never listened to his advice as his products look cartoonish.

I will be buying all of them eventually.

Best regards,

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

Archived