This is MADNESS!!!

Guest Private-Cowboy

Guest Private-Cowboy

Hi there,

after the hickups I finally got FTX AU Blue up and running. I still need to tweak my FSX and defrag my hdd but what you get with FTX is truly insane. Here is a before and after comparison at the very same spot (disabled all FTX related entries and took the shot again).

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

And that is at very low alt around 4000-5000 northest of Hobart (I just fell in love with Tassie when I spent a few weeks there) if I remember right (I was so stunned by the greatness). And what's best, FTX even increases the framerate for me what allowed me to kick autogen up a notch.

Insane work guys, best money I EVER spent on an addon! Thank you so much. I need to spent some time with my wife now, she's already giving me 'the look'  ;D

P.S.: Those shots are made on my subnotebook wich is not very good for FSX by far. It only has a 7400Go and I get 18fps in those shots over 15fps stock scenery!

Guest Private-Cowboy

Yes, that is FTX only (and the Sandmann-Mesh, although I don't see a huge difference with the Mesh over the default). I started with FTX features enabled, paused, and took the shot. Then I disabled all FTX entries in the scenery tab as well as the Sandmann-Mesh and took the second shot (well first one here actually). The differrence is pure FTX, nothing else changed, not even the weather as you can see as the clouds are exactly the same.

And for me, there is a 2fps gain and I can now run autogen at dense, on a subnotebook! Incredible work!! And it stays sharp at low alts!!! I'm so locking forward to the airfield pack and the other FTX packs, esp. the outback region.

I'll need to find an aussie repaint for my Mooney now...

Guest Private-Cowboy

Here's another one north of Sydney doing the Sydney-Newcastle run for Aeropelican. I can't believe they actually fly that route in real life, its so incredibly short you don't even get to height. Anyway...

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

... and again I had little to no framerate impact at all, even passing directly over the downtown area and the harbour bridge (you can still see her in the distance on the left) there was no big drop. Autogen is set to normal here and I still get rock solid 15-18fps on my poor subnotebook. But what could I ask for, it weights only 1.8kg. Imagine beeing on an airliner and doing the same thing virtually - I'd love to the the looks of you neighbors  ;D

Guest Private-Cowboy

Wow, the FTX-effect is really insane. Today I took a very very bumpy flight (that ORBX weather theme 1 is working the little Mooney hard) from Canberra and it was truely great.

Before...

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

And again I saw a performance gain. And I finally found an aussie reg for my Mooney. Now let the fun begin...

Guest Private-Cowboy

I took another (little longer this time) flight today to Adelaide Edinburgh RAAF. I was a bit surprised by the approach the ATC was giving me right over downtown Adelaide landing from the south. I thought they normally land from the north looking at different charts for YPED but who am I to question the ATC  ;D Maybe the controller knew it would be the more scenic approach to show off FTX. Anyway, here are the pics...

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

I hope, you'll like em.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Here are a few more of those oh-crap-moments FTX is giving you. It was my first flight in a glider since I got FSX and I must asy, I like it very much. It's quite challenging (in fact, I broke the tow cable early so I could not get towed to greater heights) and so peaceful. Just the noise of wind and nothing else. And since you're moving quite slowly, even a low end system like my subnotebook can render the scenery razor sharp. Anyway, onto the pics from my first glider flight over southern Tasmania...

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

In the last shot I cranked autogen up to max and was quite surprised to see that I did not loose much framerate. I get 15-18fps with pretty high settings over FTX on my system with autogen to normal. With max, I only lost 3-4fps. It's not comfortable enough anymore with 12fps but not as bad as I feared it would be. Now if Aerosoft would bring their glider addon I'd be more than happy to soar over Australia like a bird. I never thought, gliding could be so much fun.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Here's another one I took today during the first test flight of my brand new Bellanca Citabria. I honestly bought that package especially for FTX so I can enjoy the scenery even more. Flying low and slow and no wings blocking the view is just priceless with FTX.

Before...

Posted Image

After...

Posted Image

That shot was taken right after takeoff in Launceston (Tasmania) at a height of 1500feet only! I'm amazed every time by the textures of FTX and the sharpness when you fly low. I mean I never ever seen such a great scenery on my system, most of the time it gets a bit blurry but not so with FTX. I never thought I could enjoy views like those on my subnotebook and that my NV7400Go would be capable of rendering something like that still maintaining a solid 15-18fps in a great VC like the one of the Bellanca.

The funny thing is, I've not really started to fly anywhere outside of Tasmania so I prolly haven't seen anything yet.  ;D

Guest J van E

Yes, the SF260 is awesome! I find it a bit too fast for enjoying FTX, really, and the low wings block the view. I'm thinking about getting the Scout package. I've been thinking for some days now...

Guest Private-Cowboy

Oh yes, that package is nice. The Citabria is only one of the models, there is also the Decathlon and the Sout (with amphib and tundra subversion). There is also a version called 'American Champion Aircraft' by Flight1 but that is the same as the Scout 2007 pack, only cheaper - at least I paid less getting that pack instead of the RealAir directly - I paid some 25 Euros buying from Flight1 where I should have paid 29+VAT getting it directly from RealAir. So pay attention! The slow high wing design ist just perfect for FTX. And the tundra version can land anywhere.

Guest J van E

Er..........

First of all: I though 'What the heck!' and bought the Scout package. And MAAAAAAAAAN, what an awesome plane that is!!! Really BEAUTIFUL! Perfect for FTX! I already have the SF260 but this one is even better! Those terrific gauges! The view! Perfect speed for FTX! I LOVE IT! It seems it doesn't hurt fps at all too. And boy, am I glad I have a TrackIR Pro to get to those light etc. buttons. )

Secondly: **** Why didn't you post this info a few minutes earlier... :( Ah, well, as far as I can see, that Flight1 version is CD only... right? (Please say it is! ;D ) And I've got the plane right away, so... But well, it spoiled a bit of the fun here, thank you.  :(;D

Anyway, it's really awesome. FTX with the Citabria (and TrackIR Pro) is absolutely fabulous. It just can't get any better. Well, it can, of course (AUGOLD, freeware GA airfields etc.), but it's never been as good as it it right now! :) Man, I'm having the simming time of my life right now.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Sorry man, Flight1 has both a CD-Version and downloadable wrapper. While RealAir charges $48 the Flight1 download coasts $38. Its the exact same package, just a different name. But the package is worth the RealAir-price anyway. I way lucky yesterday because I stumbled across that 'American Champion Box' on the Aerosoft website and saw it is a Flight1 product. Then I had a look at Flight1 and saw there is also a downloadable version of it.

Sorry if I had spoiled the great package for you. I did not mean to  :'(

Guest Private-Cowboy

Here's another pair I took today over Victoria. FTX continues to impress me every time. This is also relatively low at around 4500feet.

Before:

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

Archived