Which mountain groups...preferred?

Which mountain groups...preferred?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. which mountain groups...preferred?

• Himalaya - EVEREST, Lhotse, Nuptze, Makalu, Ama Dablan...
    • Karakoram K2, BroadPeak (Baltoro)
    • Alps (M.Blanc, Matterhorn, ....)
    • Dolomites
    • Rocky Mountains US
    • Patagonia
    • Other Preferences, your suggestions ....

bullet_toggle_plus.png Manage Topic Poll

For my next scenery....

I built 3D mountains of the entire planet.
I had many requests, but I would like everyone's opinion.

Poll :
which mountain groups...preferred?

1) Himalaya - EVEREST, Lhotse, Nuptze, Makalu, Ama Dablan...
2) Karakoram K2, BroadPeak (Baltoro)
3) Alps (M.Blanc, Matterhorn, ....)
4) Dolomites
5) Rocky Mountains US
6) Patagonia
7) Other Preferences, your suggestions ....

I await your many  answers .....thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being from Innsbruck, I have voted for the Dolomites, but I think the chances for them being the winner of the poll are quite low.

A suggestion of mine is Mt. Rushmore. What do you think of this?

Hard decision between the alps (you may have noticed I was just posting some screenies of your existing work there http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/97586-it%C2%B4s-a-good-season-for-frank-dainese%C2%B4s-alps-freeware/#entry884122 )and the extension to the dolomites. I chose the Alps, because I think you can finish this easier on the basis you have already made, and proceed to the next ...  ;D

Rocky Mountains south from the Grand Tetons to the Mexican border. But the southern Sierra Nevada range to include Mt. Whitney would be good too. But think that might be included with SoCal.

Noel

The Alpine peaks and/or the Dolomites (why choose betwween both :P  ?)  would complement quite nicely OpenLC EU and be my first choice in your selection.

As you're open to suggestions, let me draw your attention to the superb string of volcanoes of the Indonesian Island of Java. I know, Java, not very marketable, who does fly there (except me, I mean ) ? Still, very beautiful. 

So maybe something a little more mainstream than Java and still very much eruptive, may I propose the volcanoes in Maui and the Big Island in Hawaii ?  Couldn't wait to get your rendition of these beauties.

PS thanks for asking :)

As you're open to suggestions, let me draw your attention to the superb string of volcanoes of the Indonesian Island of Java. I know, Java, not very marketable, who does fly there (except me, I mean ) ? Still, very beautiful.

Oh, I'd second that - they're very impressive. Even stretching eastwards through Nusa Tenggara, e.g. Mt. Rinjani in Lombok is one of the highest and very picturesque.

Edit: another non-mainstream suggestion - the Auyuittuq National Park area of Baffin Island, which includes mountains like Mt. Asgard and Mt. Thor, and a collection of glaciers.  Again, these are not bad with Global+Vector+mesh, but would benefit greatly from some quality modelling.  Mt. Asgard was the filming location for the parachute scene in "The Spy Who Loved Me".

I voted '7) Other Preferences, your suggestions'

Reason being is the Southern Alps is not on their and New Zealand South Island is a very popular region to fly.

My second choice would be Rocky Mountain US

I would love to see proper snow lines and timberlines on mountain ranges as that effect is not possible in the current scenery engine.

Now you guys got me dreaming of Giant Sequoias on the Seirra Nevadas :)

Frank have you thought about a nice "Facelift" for Mt. Rushmore.  The base FSX version always looked cheesy.  

1. Jungfrau - Eiger , the beauty with these is you can model the portion of the exposed railway line , possibly complete with a static train ,

and the observation windows cut into the mountain side.

See following link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungfrau_railway

The highest railway station in Europe.

2. Machu Picchu in the Andes complete with the Inca ruins.

Both of the above have a feature as well as magnificent mountains.

Cheers

Karol

Hi Frank,

in fact, that you've already created great sceneries including your stunning 3D objects like "Eiger, Jungfrau, Mönch" @ Interlaken, Dolomiti 3D Orientali & M.Bianco 3D+Vald’Aosta†...Mount Everest...etc., i would prefer something completely different:

• Gran Canaria (especially the amazing south west coast and the so called "rock nublo")**
  • white cliffs of Dover in 3D (compatible with orbx scenery of England)
  • rock of Gibraltar in 3D (if possible compatible with AS scenery or completely new ;-)
  • Helgoland, a small island in the north sea of Germany, including the so called "Lange Anna"

RockNublo2.jpg

** rock nublo @ GC

cheers

Mr.OZ

I vote for the Sierra Nevada, centered on Mt. Whitney.  Not exactly mountains, but my first preference is the Grand Canyon, although it is probably too big a project.  As a warmup Cedar Breaks National Monument, Bryce National Park or Zion National Park would look great with your techniques.

When I could wish, Africa, the forgotten Kontinent in the Flightsim..

There the Kilimandscharo

or

The Tibetsi Mountains in the Sahara

An other big dream are the Tablemontains of the Canaima National Park in Venezuela, but that isn't Africa...

Thanks a lot for you great works!

How about the Alaska Range from Farewell/Skwentna on the west to Talkeetna/Healy on the east with the Cathedrals, Mts Roberts, Foraker and Denali in the middle.

I'd love this but perhaps on a more manageable scale how about Denali and the Ruth Gorge and Glacier, including the big walls like the Moose's tooth? (http://www.alaska.org/detail/great-gorge-of-ruth-glacier)

If I remember correctly the forthcoming FTXG Open LC North America will release first with Canada and Alaska and my suggestion might make a perfect detail companion to this global area just outside of FTX SAK.

I purchased a DVD about K2 aviation some years ago (http://www.flyk2.com/) and have always wanted to recreate the flights shown. A lot of the scenery is already available from Orbx and the above areas would finish the job perfectly!

I voted for Others

South America and Central America lack high quality Mesh, by this I mean anything better than 38m, like perhaps 19m or 9m.  Been waiting for something like that since FS2002 days.

Regards

Not as big of mountains, but I'd like to see the Appalachians especially Great Smoky Mountains through North Carolina/Tennessee and/or Appalachians in West Virginia/Virginia/Pennsylvania both beautiful places. Some good airports in those mountains also

Tetons (Wyoming)
Lizard Range ( British Columbia, Canada)
The Dolomites (Italy)
Canadian Rockies (Banff, Canada)
Andes (Peru)
Sierra Nevada (California)
Japanese Alps (Japan)
Chugach Mountain Range (Alaska)
Himalayas (Nepal)
Tian Shan (Kyrgyzstan)
Southern Alps (New Zealand)

Tetons (Wyoming)

Lizard Range ( British Columbia, Canada)

The Dolomites (Italy)

Canadian Rockies (Banff, Canada)

Andes (Peru)

Sierra Nevada (California)

Japanese Alps (Japan)

Chugach Mountain Range (Alaska)

Himalayas (Nepal)

Tian Shan (Kyrgyzstan)

Southern Alps (New Zealand)

All of it, please, Frank. Any order. You choose, but please get started : )

Love your work.

The Logical choice is The Grand Canyon.

Umm, no. There is no logical choice in an opinion poll.

isn't the grand canyon like, the opposite of mountains.  but I digress.  I voted for the Alps,  since I always do some flying in switzerland/Austria.  but... one place that would really go for some magic touch is Glacier National Park in the NRM.  now it's not bad as is, but there are some seriously beautiful mountains there that could look much better.  Banff in Canada,  the Alaska Range,  Ooh the high Tatra's between Slovakia and Poland.  

All mountains are good,  you should definitely do all of them  ^-^

Archived