Freeware-Airports and other ORBX products crash german Scenery.cfg

Hello Support,

I'm so sorry for my bad english!! But i hope you can understand!

I'm not sure if this has been dealt with, the bug is fixed but not yet.

The freeware Airports change entries in the German scenery.cfg. The FSX can't find any entries. The well-known "Umlautbug" and also a problem under [General].

Here is the original german Scenery.cfg with entries:

[General]

Title=FS9-Umweltszenerie

Description=FS9-Szeneriedaten

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Standardgelände

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.108]

Title=Südamerika

Local=Scenery\SAME

Layer=105

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

And here are the entries after the installation of the Airports:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Standardgelände

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.108]

Title=Südamerika

Local=Scenery\SAME

Layer=105

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

The entry under [General] shall be amended and the accents are replaced by hieroglyphics.

If the [General] entry is wrong, are also in FTXMODE = OFF on other scenerys, for example in Europe, without rivers and roads. Only when this is resolved manually does it again. FSX can't find the "Umweltszenerie" entry and generated problems. The "Umlaut"-Bug generated problems with the scenerylibary at startup fsx and visual problems in the scenerys south america and general landclass.

I know now the solution of the problem but many people do not know, many people in the german speeking area are afraid to buy Orbx products  because they destroy the FSX configuration. In our flightsim-forum were all impressed by the demo Tasmania. Many people buy the products Orbx  not, as long as the FSX destroy the products. This is VERY sad, because the ORBX products are great!!

There is a solution for the installer to adapt?

Thank you for your answer

Hallo Bravo21,

As far as I know the "Umlaut bug" has been handled with as we did expirience that "issue" with the "German" fsX.

So not sure what is causing this problem, I know it is not of much help for you at the moment but one of the Developers will jump in here and will be able to assist you further with the issue.

The umlaut bug was fixed with ftxconfigurator.exe version 7.2, many months ago. However, the demo probably still has an older version of ftxconfigurator.exe in the installer, so I will make a point of creating a new version of the demo which does not affect German scenery.cfg files.

I also think that AU BLUE/GOLD have the buggy ftxconfigurator, but if you purchase the SP2 DVD edition you'll get the correct version. We will soon be releasing the SP3 DVD at which time we will remove all download regions from sale for a while so we can refresh their installers to SP3.  During that period we'll ensure that we fix the installers.

Thanks for your post, sometimes we forget to fix these things :)

Hello Marco,

I have now uploaded a new V1.1 of the AU BLUE Tasmania demo which has the latest version of the scenery library tool, so all german characters such as umlauts are preserved.

http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

Please tell all your German friend the good news ;)

If they like what they see in the demo and wish to purchase the full AU regions, then I recommend the SP2 DVD Avalon edition, which has the umlaut bug fixed. Currently the seperate AU regions (BLUE/RED/GOLD/GREEN) are still using the older version of the tool. We will update those to SP3 level later this month.

Archived