Orbx releases first demo video (now uploaded)

John Venema

Orbx is pleased to debut our first ever demo video showing a pre-Beta Tamworth flyover in a Dornier Do-27. The zip file weighs in at 80MB and you will also need to download a custom MPEG codec for playback.

This video is in HD 720p (1280x720) format and presented in 16:9 aspect ratio. For best results, view it on a wide-screen monitor, however it still displays quite fine on a normal 4:3 screen.

Full notes are included in the readme.txt file, including the download location for the codec, notes on performance and the PC used to record the video. We plan to release more videos over the next few months as the project nears completion.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

John,

I had a hard time believing that this was flight sim.

The level of realism is stunning to say the least.

It is people like yourself who inspire the plastic chaired pilots like me and all of my mad mates to buy the hardware to achieve that level of reality.

For those of us obsessed by the passion of flight sim, I applaud you.

Please keep up the good work!,

Kind Regards,

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 years later...

It made me laugh reading JV post on page 1008 (the first one) in 2006..... 

On 26/10/2006 at 11:53 PM, John Venema said:

This video is in HD 720p (1280x720) format and presented in 16:9 aspect ratio. For best results, view it on a wide-screen monitor, however it still displays quite fine on a normal 4:3 screen.

12 years ago, I guess no one would have ever though that ORBX would grow that big :D

Congratulation JV and the team.

Ben

7 hours ago, John Venema said:

I remember making that video. It was FS9 as well, FSX wasn’t even announced or in beta yet.

Yeah, you've got a lot to answer for JV! It's all your fault. It was this video that got me hooked into simming. Thank you :lol:

FSX was released a few weeks before this post.  I bought it first day of sale, but on my pc at the time, it was an unflyable slideshow (pentium 4 single core I think)  Amazingly, we can still make it an unflyable slideshow today if we want to even with much better hardware!  I remember loving what FSX brought to the table, but mainly running fs9 for at least 3 years after.  ORBX is probably the thing that made me finally turn to FSX full time.  Glad JV was able to run it well enough back then to start development!

Archived