London VFR gone?

Jack Sawyer

Hello, I'm a newbie to Orbx.  I have Aerosoft's London VFR installed.

I just made a flight from Orbx's Edinburgh to EGLC.

When I got to London I noticed it had changed.  The city was not as dense as it usually is and some things are different.

Did I lose my London VFR?

It looks fine the way it is now but I lost a lot of the density of the add-on.

Do I have to change the level in the scenery library or should I just leave it?

Thanks.

Jack

Hi Jack,

Put all your addons above Orbx stuff, see:

1-26-03-201509-51-35WhereLibs.jpg

With some exceptions all addons should position themselves well.

I also think that the correct forum to present this question would be the http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/80-ftx-compatibility-forum/  in this forum if there are other compatibility issues will be where you will receive orientation of our followers and Orbx support!

Cheers, 8)

Thank you Bruce and Voyager, I see now! This makes sense. I still have a lot to learn, I'm trying to read that document Orbx has about layering and stuff.

I am SO impressed with Scotland and England. It brings back a lot of memories.

I'll have a look at that forum, thanks for posting that link for me.

Best regards,

Jack

Okay guys, I took some screenshots.

I have read the guides but still don't have a clear understanding of the layering process, sorry, I may just be dumb and old.

I would like my Aerosoft London VFR back but don't know how to do it.  I also don't understand the FTX Central "Insertion point" function.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with Orbx's London, it has some newer buildings but it's not as dense as I like the add-on.

So here's my screenshots.  Can some please instruct me on how to get it to show?  I would really appreciate any help.

0019ce23.jpg

00237522.jpg

0030f043.jpg

Hello Voyager, how do I move all these posts to the section you mentioned?

Did I goof by posting them here?

Mods, I'm sorry if I made a mistake, still getting a feel for where to post questions.

Jack

Hi,

As you ask help for a third party productn that interacts with FTX, the best section is FTX Compatibility forum.

Concerning the position of those sceneries into the scenery library, it is advised to always install them under Default or FTX Global mode.

Hi Richard, thank you. I spent a lot of time reading the compatibility manual and the England and Scotland manuals last night. I'm trying to understand the layering process. There's a lot to learn, vector, landclass, all that stuff. I raised a scenery and it worked so I have some more work to do.

I'd like to buy a lot more but I don't know where to begin. Do I get the global stuff? If so which ones? There's so many products it seems confusing what I'd need first.

I know I'd like to buy a lot more because it has really changed the sim. It's like a whole new FSX.

Jack, have a look at the Definitive Guide here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

It will help you to understand the ORBX products. To sum up, there are FTX Regional products such as England or Scotland and FTX Global like Base, Vector and OpenLandclass.

Feel free to download and use our numerous freewares which are declined into all categories of products:

https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware

So you can make up your mind before spending bucks :)

Thanks again Richard, that's just it, I did read the guide and am still confused as it mentions products that I think have changed or no longer exist.

I'm just going to do a lot more research and try to learn all this.

I wish someone would tell me what is the correct order to buy these products. Which one is the most important first then the next and so on.

You have two global then regionals then airports and so on.

Archived