Belgium (Charleroi)

FILOU

Amazing real-looking screenies of a southern part of my country and the regio Charleroi has the 2nd bussiest commercial airport(EBCI) of Belgium that is captured in the 9th shot. Great extended serie of sublime screenshots. 

Charleroi, ... wow, it is my home ! The set, as usual, is very nice. Considering the number of shots, I could not resist to try to get my bearings in this set. But unfortunately I do not recognize anything. White houses with red roofs prevent me from feeling me at home. Many of our houses are out of red bricks with dark roofs (black, gray). White houses refer to the sun and the Mediterranean countries.
The first image is however close to reality. I even found a route which I use several times a week.
As I written on a French forum, it is sad that your screenshots are not our reality !
Thank you for sharing.
P3Dv2
27416522CV.jpg

Google
61434211CR.jpg

Hello RichardLouis, You are right...it must be relative simple for real-coloured housings per regio so it meets more the reality. But that remains the problem in FS to choose between hifi 3D-autogen and exact coloured 2D-photoreal scenery.

Both have their pro's and contra's. In my opinion a personal choice.

No, my remark does not concern the choice between 3D-autogen and 2D-Photoreal.
My remark concern the approximation of the sceneries which are not dedicated specifically to an area or an airport.
Of course, our simulators have nothing to do with FSX by default (Thank you Orbx !).

To imagine that the Earth be one day modelled in detail, it is utopia but perhaps that by adapting some small details (like houses), the immersion would be stronger.
Easy to say, but I suppose that for the developers that represents a lot of work.

BTW : Shame on me ! On my screens, it is not The Sambre River but it is the Charleroi-Brussels Canal.

Archived