KSEZ possible Freeware/Payware conflict?

Rexbo47

Hello.

I just purchased KSEZ  (Order #FSS0363293) and I'm wondering if I need to remove the freeware airport KSEZ before installing?

If so, what is the process for removing the freeware version.

Thank you.

Rex

G'day Rex,

We've included a script in the KSEZ (payware) installer that will remove the freeware version for you. Just keep in mind though that if you re-install the Global Freeware pack at a later date this will re-introduce the freeware version and will need to clean it up then (the easiest way to do this will be to re-install KSEZ too). 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Rex,

We've included a script in the KSEZ (payware) installer that will remove the freeware version for you. Just keep in mind though that if you re-install the Global Freeware pack at a later date this will re-introduce the freeware version and will need to clean it up then (the easiest way to do this will be to re-install KSEZ too).

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad, just occurred to me a slicker solution would be to modify the freeware installer in future so that it checks any payware airports already installed and then not install the freeware version of that Airport.

G'day DoubleJ, 

There have been a couple of other reports with other products of the same thing - try waiting it out (some have been up to an hour), it should eventually complete the installation.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Okey dokey

Did everything as recommended, used a downloader and WinZip to extract it. Plenty of room on my SDD.. 75%.

The wrapper gets to 75% than stops. No error message no nothing. downloaded it three times from three different servers antivirus off when trying to run it.

Guess I'll let it run all night. Only took 10 minutes to download it but hours to try and open it . When I restart it, I don’t. Get the opening valadation screen ,the wrapper starts running again.

Archived