201 Gansner Field.

2O1 Gansner Field is a fairly small airport with a single paved runway located in Quincy, California.

Also included is the Plumas District Country hospital and helipad located very near to the airport (about half a mile west).

All Taken in FSX only.

a7eaded5afe337173f6eba0c9a10d77f.jpg

142b0dece9ca541334769bf4ece1231a.jpg

84079880b790706cb4470a6a6d5de368.jpg

d3c4c82f036182f29dea9d89c7192d26.jpg

044704b8cdacd0c30cfcfe7574178160.jpg

fe07656ac005288ca7a74fddae5795ef.jpg

d277db6c5cdbb0c21e6978076e7a3115.jpg

5a49f7ac4fe2307d38b11d21075e5299.jpg

f46b68c30eef3c362edd9fffe760a6e1.jpg

f326403e10702a482335c598feed4ec2.jpg

09d952fc4aaceed18c305e128e2766fe.jpg

ab2a825c879f9e6eb0d41fa49e8be055.jpg

248be589130ba830dae10e310ef70966.jpg

cc7670ff3920c94b73b2489f56adb9ca.jpg

b11bb0181fc01f3c75320b8e6b16bfa6.jpg

c78767328e5ac16d9d4ff9b3b8915a48.jpg

cac39997d5811df7f1dd3c487a630b9e.jpg

9a90628c85cb78be0b3fb92e49bd2336.jpg

I just checked out some 2O1 screenshots on Turbulent Designs' Facebook page, the buildings and scenery look identical to Ian's screenshots. So I'm guessing Turbulent is distributing through Orbx.  

Convenient not only to Redding, but KTVL Tahoe Lake as well.  I look forward to doing some more FTX NCA flights!

Hi Iain,

Always love to see your previews, but a comment you make I find interesting ...... "This is all FSX" screen captures rather than P3D. I raise this because do you believe there is a real diference in P3D when you are doing comparisons for these new sceneries or, is it just you have the Beta version in FSX only or P3D only.

I haven't changed over to P3D due to PMDG 737 not out yet, and still a lot of stuff I have is not P3D compatible. So it's a hard decision. But is it possibly worth having both and use P3D for VFR flying and FSX for my PMDG?

Do you think it really makes a difference for:

1. Quality of scenery improvement?

2. FPS improvement?

3 I run 3 x 27" monitors and have two more monitors to give 180 degree. But on FSX, the extra two screens turns it into a slide show even with the Titan GPU. Does P3D fair any better?

4. Anything else

Sorry to stray of the topic, but what would you do .... I just wait a little longer for P3D to be more GPU demanding, rather than CPU demanding, and until it is SLI compatible so as to get these other two monitors running. And also avoid the P3D 2.5 issue of full reload?

Thanks for any thoughts Iain (or really from anyone)

Spacey

Exceptionally good news. Gansner Field, Limberlost Ranch and Blue Canyon are perfectly situated between Redding and Lake Tahoe. A perfect coverage for GA flyers in the Sierras. I was following Turbulent's news for that reason. Now that it gets OrbX' quality standard, flow techs and support is really better than I could have hoped for.

I'm also hoping for the airfields around Eureka and Ocean Ridge to have a scenic Coast Range route to SF and Monterey.

Yes this is Turbulent Design's debut through Orbx. It's a triple pack of three airports under the KBLU Blue Canyon moniker.

I have a meeting at Turbulent's office today to discuss further projects, then likely off to the pub later on ;)

Shout them a beer for me John, this looks excellent. :D

@Iain - superb job on the pics,  perfect vantage points as usual.

Hi Iain,

Always love to see your previews, but a comment you make I find interesting ...... "This is all FSX" screen captures rather than P3D. I raise this because do you believe there is a real diference in P3D when you are doing comparisons for these new sceneries or, is it just you have the Beta version in FSX only or P3D only.

I haven't changed over to P3D due to PMDG 737 not out yet, and still a lot of stuff I have is not P3D compatible. So it's a hard decision. But is it possibly worth having both and use P3D for VFR flying and FSX for my PMDG?

Do you think it really makes a difference for:

1. Quality of scenery improvement?

2. FPS improvement?

3 I run 3 x 27" monitors and have two more monitors to give 180 degree. But on FSX, the extra two screens turns it into a slide show even with the Titan GPU. Does P3D fair any better?

4. Anything else

Sorry to stray of the topic, but what would you do .... I just wait a little longer for P3D to be more GPU demanding, rather than CPU demanding, and until it is SLI compatible so as to get these other two monitors running. And also avoid the P3D 2.5 issue of full reload?

Thanks for any thoughts Iain (or really from anyone)

Spacey

Each tester here has a different setup... some of us have only FSX, some FSX Steam Edition, others still P3D... and yet others of us have a combination therof.

Iain I believe (though he's the man to give the definitive answer) has a nicely optimized FSX installation and no P3D and so that's the reason his previews are FSX only

It's also nice to show people that the scenery quality is still thus good in the "older" software...

That being said, there are differences between FSX and P3D renditions... specifically, when it comes to shadows. FSX's shadow system does not work terribly well and so we recomend not using it... to compensate, the developers of each scenery add hand crafted shadows to the buildings and objects to increase the sense of realism.

In P3D however, the shadowing system works very well and if active, it would look very odd to have the hand crafted shadows at the same time as the P3D shadows. So the P3D version of the scenery has no hand crafted shadows. (This is also one of the reasons behind the different Orbx library versions for both sims)

Of course P3D as a sim has a whole lot of other enhancements that improve overall appearence, but the scenery itself is not all that different between the two sims... personally, as a two-sim type, I like them both... P3D is not without its flaws, but it certainly looks great and generally has a higher FPS than a coresponding FSX flight even with things like cloud and object shadows. I couldn't speak to multi monitor setups.

Sweet news that you come back to NCA. I can't wait for the KBLU observatory :)  !

Early on after NCA release, there was a hint about making Ocean Ridge or the Sea Ranch along the coast, North of Point Reyes. Is it still a possibilty ?

Also KHAF was mentioned as a possibility.  Hope that gorgeous little airport hasn't been forgotten.

Garland

Yes chaps as Rob says I only have FSX installed on my flightsim machine and use this for my previews to show how the new products look only in FSX,  other Team members show the previews in P3D for the people who have moved up this way. So you all get to see the newies on whatever platform you use,

cheers

Iain

Also KHAF was mentioned as a possibility.  Hope that gorgeous little airport hasn't been forgotten.

Garland

As much as I'd love to have Half Moon Bay, I am a little sceptical about the frame rate on suh an airport so close to a KSFO with airliner traffic. We might see the Seattle scenario...

Archived