Miami Executive airport from the air

alexf

Great photo!

I was playing golf last Sunday at Palmetto GC and the B-17 flew over us several times.  I'm fairly certain that it was providing rides to paying customers.  The sound of those radials drew my attention immediately.  Seeing that old bird lumbering across the sky was breathtaking. 

That is Commemorative Air Force's "Sentimental Journey" B-17G that makes annual tours raising funds to keep her and other old war birds they have restored flying.  You can buy a ride in her but it will cost you!

Great photo!

I was playing golf last Sunday at Palmetto GC and the B-17 flew over us several times.  I'm fairly certain that it was providing rides to paying customers.  The sound of those radials drew my attention immediately.  Seeing that old bird lumbering across the sky was breathtaking. 

Yes several flights with paying passengers. I was part of the organization there. We also had a Ford Trimotor which I flew in to take this image.

More pictures of both aircraft forthcoming.

That is Commemorative Air Force's "Sentimental Journey" B-17G that makes annual tours raising funds to keep her and other old war birds they have restored flying.  You can buy a ride in her but it will cost you!

No. That is EAA's "Aluminum Overcast" on tour in Florida for the winter. I will see her again at Sun-N-Fun in April.

Archived