Morning routine

alexf

Thanks!

I do other things besides aviation as you can see in my website. This was aviation-related anyway.

I was part of the organization (I'm a member of the local chapter of EAA), and the EAA brought a Ford Trimotor and a B-17 to Miami this weekend. I was the photographer for the event (on the tarmac the whole time - suntanned and sore). Besides carrying two heavy cameras, and lenses for 8 hours, I was a ticket taker for the Trimotor, and had the job of putting the chocks in/out once the engines stopped turning. Exhausted, but lots of fun.

The planes kept flying paying passengers around all day long. The Ford, being cheaper, got to do more flights, up to 14 on Sunday. Yes, I did get to fly.

This one was early in the morning, before the public came in. As you know, radials have to be exercised every morning to move the oil around as it collects on the lowest cylinder overnight,. Here the pilot and mechanic are moving the heavy props around and around, with the help of CAP Cadets.

Lots of images still to be processed. Some will be forthcoming here; all will be in my website in weeks to come, as I have the time.

Archived