Launceston runway with second surface

Stillwater

Dear all,

I am suffering a second runway surface on one of my favourite places: It shows up in steps from above, as you can see all is fine at the points where taxiways access the runway...

2015-2-8_16-13Launydoublerunway.jpg

2015-2-8_16-14Launydoublerunway.jpg

... but using the runway becomes an optical mess, as the effective surface is correct (only the bottom one). Not good for visual landings, or for the ultralight pilot.

2015-2-8_16-14Launyheadsup.jpg

As you can see the area next to the runway is lifted up, too,...

2015-2-8_16-44Launystepline.jpg

2015-2-8_16-45Launydoublerunway.jpg

... but this is solid, so the plane can fall down this step...

2015-2-8_16-46Launysolidgrass.jpg

Active scenery is

- Oceania, with FTX AUSTRALIA SP4.003 - NOVEMBER 2013

- FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 141228 28th DECEMBER 2014

- OZx latest version

- FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014 (should be deactivated)

- FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014 (YMLT is not on the AEC list, neither activated nor deactivated)

- FSGlobal mesh, Holgermesh

No other addon sceneries for Tasmania active. I just had the Orbx lib newly installed, and the AEC auto tool running & activated.

I can now add more evidences on the YMLT rwy double surface issue:

1. Yesterday I did a dusk flight from Wynyard to Launy, arriving on a runway that was correct (and I did no change to my system before):

2015-2-14_22-20Launyrwyok.jpg

2. Changed plane & time of the running flight. Still correct.

2015-2-14_22-31Launywiederok.jpg

3. With NO change of my system I started a flight today in Launy. Sunken runway again. At any time, may it be day, dusk or night. This happens, whenever I start a flight from YMLT, and stays if I return to land there again.

2015-2-15_12-10Launywiedermies.jpg

4. Did two flights from Hobart to Launceston (dusk & day). In both cases the rwy was ok.

2015-2-15_18-46LanuyafterflightfromHobar

What stays suspicious, is the ground level underneath the buildings and next to the runway: There is still sth wrong here, even if the runway is working.

2015-2-15_17-46LaunyafterflightfromHobar

I leave it to the experts to find out, why sometimes a double runway texture is present here.

Interestingly, I have ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.BGL in my old FSX install, but not in my P3Dv2 (which would have been the latest triple installer version).

My YMLT behaves itself in FSX as well - so it's either an ORBX Global incompatibility (I don't have it) or something changed in the triple installer version.

If all this is totally irrelevant, please tell me to shut up! :lol:

Adam.

Interestingly, I have ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.BGL in my old FSX install, but not in my P3Dv2 (which would have been the latest triple installer version).

My YMLT behaves itself in FSX as well - so it's either an ORBX Global incompatibility (I don't have it) or something changed in the triple installer version.

If all this is totally irrelevant, please tell me to shut up! :lol:

Adam.

Any ideas are welcome, Adam. Only trial & error will tell....

I will try & report, Wolter. Thanks!

EDIT: It worked! Changing to ORBX_YMLT_ADE_CVX.bgl.off did the trick. If I would have searched this forum better I might have saved hours of flight trials...

Archived