Norway: Why the hoopla?

Larry Hickerson

Someone, please show me one medium size airport and surrounding terrain, which illustrates why everyone is falling all over themselves?

I fly VFR in an A2A 182.  I have not found any of these sweet spots.  I find French Alpine in the Europe LC better place to fly than Norway.

Any help will be appreciated.

And that "Cityscape" with the brilliant blue shoreline water, stands out against my ORBX ocean water found in FEX.

Thanks!

GEt Plan-G, upload the Norway KMZ file in it, choose any airport, so far, they all have been upgraded to a decent realistic look.

In general they are small airport and I guess it's the way it is in Norway.

Use a STOL airplane, more fun. My next video is on Norway upgraded airport.

I see you have the Global line. good. But your still stuck with ugly FSX airport unless you get the free airport pack.

Ben

"see you have the Global line. good. But your still stuck with ugly FSX airport unless you get the free airport pack."

Not really.  Even have the EuropeLC to increase.  Just comparing the airports with other REGIONAL SCENERY and for some reason the listed airports for Norway just doesn't equal other regions. 

I have PLAN G.  I have migrated the airports from Norway to it, but that doesn't change the look.  Just how many payware airports  planned for this region? 

I am not sold on Norway.  It reminds me of Australia without OZ freeware. 

In comparison to all of NA or EU England, this is a grade below.  Yepper, mesh the rocks and coastline is improved, but not much has been done to those airports.

I am just not satisfied.  I am a pilot.  I like landing at a strip which looks like an airport.  Don't give me a great coast line and have the airports not worthy to fly to.

Just wait until they come out with SP1.  I'm sure that they'll fix everything related to the airports.  Lord knows we've given them enough grief about the localizers, approach lights, etc. already.  They've always pulled through for us.  In the meantime, I'd recommend the freeware Airports of Norway from Andrew Thomsen.  It is a wonderful package.

Cheers,

Rob

In comparison to all of NA or EU England, this is a grade below.  Yepper, mesh the rocks and coastline is improved, but not much has been done to those airports.

Not much was done to the NA or EU England airports either, so I fail to see your point? I've been flying all the NA regions since they were released (Apart from Northern Calif.) and I've yet to come across an airport that looks like the real things, apart from separate addon airports.

It's not just the rocks and coastline, it's the custom autogen, custom landclass and accurate vector data for villages and towns as well - key for any VFR pilot.

It's far from perfect, but I still don't get that it's a grade below other regions.

Hi Pappy,

but not much has been done to those airports.

I've honestly no idea what you're talking about. Our team put a lot of effort in the NOR airports and they certainly have been upgraded to the same extent as the NA, NZ, and EU regions, not to mention that about half of them don't even exist in the default FSX/P3D airport list. Besides, the difference to the default airports is easy to evaluate when temporarily deactivating NOR in the scenery library menu. If you still think that "not much has been done" perhaps there's an issue with your installation.

Cheers, Holger

My opinion, either the addon is not installed properly and EGE001 is not seeing the improvements that we are seeing, or he is someone who expects more from a sim that is possible.. It's just a sim after all.

Might I suggest that EGE posts some screenshots of the areas that he is unhappy with? Teecee.

I think the Airports are looking great. A thousand times

better than default.

Just Loving Norway.

Anthin.

+1

I have no clue what the OP is talking about. The airports are indeed incomparable with the default stuff!!! I also wonder if he has a bad install.

We're not going to defend a hostile and thoughtless opinion on Norway, especially when it is being compared to AU where there were *zero* upgrades to airports. In fact we spent more on custom models for NOR airports and static aircraft models than any other region.

It's just an ill-informed and ignorant rant, which we don't have time for here. Or the OP's installation is not complete in which case he's taken the wrong approach to getting confirmation of a proper installation.

Topic closed.

Archived