Two Questions About FTX EU NOR

KORDATC

Hello, first of all I'd like to ask if it would be possible to put in the wooden houses lining the Bergen wharf known as Bryggen for the upcoming SP?  Default FSX had these in it and they actually didn't look quite bad.  However, they'd look better if someone like ORBX were too place two side by side to lengthen it a little as they span the entire eastern side of the harbor.  They were some of the only custom POI in all of Norway outside of Oslo in FSX. 

Second, I installed Henrik Nielsen's AI shipping packages in conjunction with FTX NOR.  Before, this I had AI shipping traffic set to 0%.  Now I have it set to 100%  I was just wondering if the ferries I see all over Norway, such as the one below, are placed by ORBX, default FSX, or Henrik Nielsen's AI shipping?  There are a few that seem static and then some of these that move. 

2014_12_17_16_5_4_366.png

Best Regards,

Robert

While I know that the ORBX crew welcomes suggestions and input, remember this is a simulation and as such it is the flavor of being there.  We would all like to see our house or the houses and with some photo real you can, but in order to get the best simulation, many of the iconic landmarks are in living color, but the rest is the illusion....enjoy it knowing it will get even better.

AS for your second request, stand by for others to chime in.  Enjoy Norway,

Henry

Hi Robert,

are you sure those custom buildings were part of FSX default? I just checked and don't see any in the Bergen area. Can you perhaps post a screenshot (after temporarily deactivating FTX Norway)?

The ferry in your screenshot is a default model. The models are pretty poor and their routes are based on the coarse and inaccurate default shorelines meaning you'll often see them grounded in areas where you have more detailed shorelines and islands, like in FTX NOR. Personally, I've disabled the default vessel traffic file; it's trafficBoats.bgl, in \Scenery\World\Scenery.

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

Disabled the Orbx Scenery and fired her up near Bergen.  Here's the custom POI I was talking about. 

Coordinates In Real Life Are:

Latitude:  60°23'49.84"N

Longitude:  5°19'23.90"E

I don't have any freeware or anything else installed.  Bryggen wharf is probably one of the most iconic things in all of Norway.  Also thanks for giving me the file to disable the default ferries. 

2014_12_18_18_43_57_508.png

2014_12_18_18_45_8_302.png

Here's Bryggen in Real Life:

bryggen.jpg

Happy Flying,

Rob

I have FSX GOLD, which is FSX+Acceleration, the full fat so to speak, those little POI dont look like Microsoft objects btw, you almost certainly have a 'left over' somewhere

I formatted my harddrive and then re-installed FSX completely a few months ago and have only re-installed my stuff from ORBX, some US airports, and some payware aircraft, REX, and Activesky.  When FSX first came out, you had the option of getting the basic, which came in a blue box, or the deluxe, which came in a gold box which is what I have.  This was before acceleration was even out.

SAM_0404.jpg

SAM_0406.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

Yes FSX GOLD is the full fat, like I said...

I have FSX GOLD, which is FSX+Acceleration, the full fat so to speak, those little POI dont look like Microsoft objects btw, you almost certainly have a 'left over' somewhere

Position your aircraft above the spot, then untick everything in scenery library one-by-one pressing OK each time, you'll find em in minutes

It looks like the Bryggen POI is under the "Oslo" library in my version of FSX.  I just bought Instant Scenery 3 and was able to place this into FTX EU NOR now along with some ships.  Quick question about  Instant Scenery.  I noticed that it has a lot of the objects from the ORBX Libraries.  It's alright for us to use that to place FTX objects in other places as long as we don't share it with anyone correct?  Just want to make sure I'm not violating EULA by adding more orbx buildings in my sim.

Here's a picture of what Bergen looks like for me in FTX EU NOR now after my edits:

bergen.jpg

Cheers,

Rob

I have the original Deluxe edition and I seem to remember seeing those houses too. Can't check right now (nor in the future) because I switched to P3D. @Tim: maybe you should bump up the scenery settings to full to see them to. Or maybe those houses are gone when you use OpenLC and/or Global?

I can only speak for the default ferries. Which are terrible. The default ferry "receptables" (the stone age looking thing the ferry uses to land) is also way behind terrible, and have absolutely no relevance to reality. This is not an ORBX bug, but the default traffic. For years now, we have been using custom everything for Norway, and step one is often to exclude all default ferry quays, that may come from age 1940 or worse. Have you never noticed most of the MS models are relic? Their 3D models simply belongs in a museum! And the landclass textures all look like they were made in a desert! ORBX did quite a decent job with the textures for FTXN. Now I can enjoy the landclass, without having dark shades on ;-)

{Rant done]

Hi Rob,

nice bit of sleuthing. Indeed, those Bryggen houses are part of the "Oslo.bgl" default library and placement file in \Scenery\EURW\scenery. However, they don't show up for me in the sim even though all other objects in that library, primarily in downtown Oslo, display correctly (this is with all add-ons deactivated) so it doesn't seem to be some rogue exclusion.

These default city object libraries are geo-locked meaning their objects are part of the placement file and thus can't normally be placed anywhere else. When I open Oslo.bgl in Instant Scenery in the Oslo area all objects can be selected and placed, including the Bryggen houses. However, when I move to Bergen none of the objects show, which might explain why the Bryggen default model doesn't either. Not sure though why the difference, perhaps the geolocking works differently in different "flavors" of FSX; my FSX.exe version is 10.0.61637.0.

As for the OrbxLibraries, their usage restrictions are listed right on the download page: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

Hi Rob,

nice bit of sleuthing. Indeed, those Bryggen houses are part of the "Oslo.bgl" default library and placement file in \Scenery\EURW\scenery. However, they don't show up for me in the sim even though all other objects in that library, primarily in downtown Oslo, display correctly (this is with all add-ons deactivated) so it doesn't seem to be some rogue exclusion.

These default city object libraries are geo-locked meaning their objects are part of the placement file and thus can't normally be placed anywhere else. When I open Oslo.bgl in Instant Scenery in the Oslo area all objects can be selected and placed, including the Bryggen houses. However, when I move to Bergen none of the objects show, which might explain why the Bryggen default model doesn't either. Not sure though why the difference, perhaps the geolocking works differently in different "flavors" of FSX; my FSX.exe version is 10.0.61637.0.

As for the OrbxLibraries, their usage restrictions are listed right on the download page: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

Cheers, Holger

That's strange that I was able to place them in my version.

And just to clarify what the usage restrictions say, I can use them in instant scenery myself as long as I don't share them in any software project? 

Cheers,

Rob

Archived