Cockpit landing.(Norway)

FILOU

ENLI approach, and I live a 20 mins car ride from there. You see airport no.3. The first, built in WW2, was east of the lighthouse, oiled planks, and the shelters are still there. More pilots died because of the runway, than in battle. The 70m wide concrete runway crossing today's runway was WW2 airport 2. The strip you see today, was built by NATO, and I actually miss the cold war fighters buzzing around there. The flatness of ENLI tells us once upon a time, Lista and Denmark was the same piece of land. This airport is closed today, but open for an airshow now and then. So my afcad for ENLI is not real, as I cannot shut down all the lighting there. To hell with reality for this airport I decided ;-)

ENLI approach, and I live a 20 mins car ride from there. You see airport no.3. The first, built in WW2, was east of the lighthouse, oiled planks, and the shelters are still there. More pilots died because of the runway, than in battle. The 70m wide concrete runway crossing today's runway was WW2 airport 2. The strip you see today, was built by NATO, and I actually miss the cold war fighters buzzing around there. The flatness of ENLI tells us once upon a time, Lista and Denmark was the same piece of land. This airport is closed today, but open for an airshow now and then. So my afcad for ENLI is not real, as I cannot shut down all the lighting there. To hell with reality for this airport I decided ;-)

Thank you for this piece of history.

Filou,

I have at least three books about this. And I hate the "official" BS, which is onky about Blucher, and how we sank it. How come nobady knows that in Kristiansand, at the same time, we ditched the German Navy three times in a row, same day? To hell with "official" history.many a book these days needs to be rewritten, and never, never trust your old scool books.

Archived