EU Cityscape Cote d'Azur - First Previews - P3D 2.4

Maurizio Giorgi has already exeeded with the amazing Canbera City Scape....and now he's back bringing you the first EU Cityscape that blends perfectly with FTX Global!

It gives me great pleasure to be bringing you these first previews of the stunning scenery of EU Cityscape Cote d'Azur, all shot in P3D 2.4 :)

lOFrp.jpg

XmHYD.jpg

1Utyv.jpg

8kdVP.jpg

UlV4A.jpg

tZ8nX.jpg

jeBRY.jpg

bZuFv.jpg

DFOXn.jpg

BjdzU.jpg

6ARf3.jpg

nYDul.jpg

yioOu.jpg

fce0T.jpg

2PEsm.jpg

yaopf.jpg

Uevm.jpg

x7XwQ.jpg

Mvn0V.jpg

WnvlB.jpg

yYOmv.jpg

Incredible. I cannot wait for this.

Nice job Maurizio, you chose an excellent setting for your next masterpiece, sir!

My guess is now AS will update their LFMN product as soon as they see how successful this release will be, but I realize it's not cool to talk about other developers on the ORBX forums.

Hey John this is where I live 8)  ! I see the Nice and Cannes areas quite well (including horrid marinas and highrises)  but how far does the scenery go into the hills (I live about 9 miles up from the sea) ?  I usually don't fly my home turf as the suspension of disbelief is always more difficult when you know an area but that may change  ... I am sure that Cannes Mandelieu  (GA and corporate jets) will be on Neil and team's busy program now ;).

Thanks guys for all the comments :)

@Dominique, the scenery is more or less 9 miles from the coast, difficult to tell if your place is included or not, you're at the border ehehhehe

@jm3xq, yes, i'll make my best so that the scenery will be compatible also with MonacoX and NiceX.

Great done. I know that area very well, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Nice etc. Last year the Tour de France visited there.

But there is a problem with the level of Aerosoft Nice. Difference is about 20/30 cm in high. So not exact compatible.

And boats in the harbours, please.

Loek

NiceX is not P3DV2-compatible, and it will never be, as AS has stated they have too many products that would require some serious make-over, so only new developments will be implemented into P3DV2; therefore I'd rather see Orbx include their own version of LFMN. I'm sure though they'll make the default blend in just nicely.

Molte grazie Duccio e Fulvio :)

The compatibility with Aerosoft Nice and Monaco has been one of the first thing to take into account even before to start the development of this cityscape. You think to the airport but it's not the only problem to face, so during the development we'll see togheter with my mates, how to fix some issues that i've already spotted.

Anyway yes, LFMN has been already afcaded to match the photoreal, anyway it's not, the airport i mean, the main goal of the project. 

Instead, a totally new boat library is still in development, not yet ready to show you, but i am sure it will add a lot of realism to the harbours. For this reason the harbour of Saint Laurent du Var is still empty, but ready to have the new boats :)

NiceX is not P3DV2-compatible, and it will never be, as AS has stated they have too many products that would require some serious make-over, so only new developments will be implemented into P3DV2.

As a sidenote: I read this remark, too. Contrast this to the effort ORBX has been putting into compatibility of their products which I much acknowledge.

Best regards, Michael

As a sidenote: I read this remark, too. Contrast this to the effort ORBX has been putting into compatibility of their products which I much acknowledge.

Best regards, Michael

Michael, I'm with you 100%. OrbX has the best after sale of this industry, a  commitment to me as a customer that I appreciate greatly. 

Anyway yes, LFMN has been already afcaded to match the photoreal, anyway it's not, the airport i mean, the main goal of the project. 

Instead, a totally new boat library is still in development, not yet ready to show you, but i am sure it will add a lot of realism to the harbours. For this reason the harbour of Saint Laurent du Var is still empty, but ready to have the new boats :)

Wouw, you have been there I think. Great. By the way it was my plan to bring my boat to that harbour. Did not do it but anyway nice. What is about the date we are able to enjoy?

Loek

I took a flight from Switzerland down to Cote d'Azur back when it was just Global, coming in over the mountains to the east by the coast and looking straight down.  My thought was this must be one of the most beautiful places RW.

Question, is EU Cityscape going to be a series of future european cities? Or is this just a one off thing for Cote d'Azure?

Adam

ORBX may have a better answer, but I suspect this will depend on the commercial success of Cote d'Azure. Which I am certainly prepar3d to contribute to  ::).

Kind regards, Michael

Michael, please don't give me all the charge of future cityscapes on my shoulders :D I'm kidding, i like these kind of sceneries, the point is, according to me, if others developers like the same instead of, for instance, making airports. Each developer expresses his creativity in a different way, i feel myself more fit in making landscapes instead of airports.

Nope, but my guess is that the runway and approach lights won't work, as this is the problem with basically all older AS scenery.

That's right, the runway and approach lights don't work. Otherwise it looks great in the daytime with OpenLC current version.

• 1 year later...

Nice! ;):D

Count me in when that comes out!

And then, I want Barcelona, Rome, Athens, ... oh and Copenhagen, Oslo,  Montreal, ...  ^_^

But seriously, Barcelona is on top of my wish list. I fell in love with the city when I first visited it this year. Going back next spring!

Any chance to show a coverage map of the area?

• 8 months later...

I'll post some previews when the city of Nice is completed, i am on this actually but i have to refine the harbours too, i have to clean the photoreal and create the marina in 3D like with the others (many) harbours present in the scenery. I hope for the end of september but it's difficult to be precise on these previsions.

• 9 months later...

Sorry if this has been discussed recently but just curious if it's still a goer. Purchased Justsim's Nice in preparation, and curious if it's still planned. 

Thanks

Anthony

Archived