FTX EU Norway - First Shots in P3D 2.4

Here it is Ladies and Gents... this is the one you have been waiting for. And I am proud to be presenting you these very first shots of FTX Norway. These are all shot with P3D 2.4 using HDR.

Hope you enjoy this first set of previews... many more to come :)

naojK.jpg

hYTcI.jpg

6VNXY.jpg

39Mtd.jpg

bG0oB.jpg

Jm3Cq.jpg

O7doU.jpg

rxaBb.jpg

auP5A.jpg

jLhbR.jpg

lzVi.jpg

VebiJ.jpg

LN0Me.jpg

eVOy.jpg

U14N6.jpg

bPzyk.jpg

91AJc.jpg

DiJO7.jpg

Nice indeed. But, here's no criticism, I would like to see the next without HDR or any other makeup.

If this is possible, I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks mate, and keep up the good job you have been doing! :)

Next ones will be without HDR for sure ;)

Stunning shots John!

All really looking very, very good!

But what really got my attention somehow is the fact that this default airport here has some very "vital" and realistic looking edges.

Looking forward now to the next preview set!

Thanks for the shots! Lived for 10 years in Norway, after I left Sweden and before I moved to Spain, so I´m pretty familiar to the country and it looks just super. I fly a lot in Scandinavia with all the Scandinavian freeware/payware installed in P3D 2.4 and looking forward to see how it all will blend together. Seems we are going to have a christmas present after all.  ::)

Stunning shots John!

But what really got my attention somehow is the fact that this default airport here has some very "vital" and realistic looking edges.

Thanks Christoph, glad you like them.

Norway is chock full of some really special and challenging airports.. and whats more, Neil Hill has upgraded them with all sorts of clutter, people flow etc. From what I have seen so far, he has done a tremendous job on this :)

Stunning shots John!

To be fair, all the region packs come with upgraded airports like this. Although this looks a bit of a step up again.

We have invested heavily in new custom airport building models, railway bridges and tons of POIs modelled so it's a step up from what you're used to for sure. We have plenty of photoreal areas and also a cityscape in NOR, more previews will reveal those.

Now John, there you go spoiling the existing regions by upping the game on Norway......... ;D

This is looking awesome. Seems that you have managed to faithfully reproduce the typical small village like settlements and rural areas of Norway. Can't wait to see what you have done to the dramatic fjords and mountains of Northern Norway (East of Bodø, Lofoten, North-East of Tromsø, South of Evenes etc.).

The featured airport looks very nice too! ENSG HøgÃ¥sen (Sogndal) and ENSD Anda (Sandane) are two amazing fjord airports with spectaculat approaches. I hope Tore Stranden can deliver his sloped runway magic at ENSD Anda, because the slope there is really extreme.

Good luck finnishing up the product and cheers to the team!

Thanks Christoph, glad you like them.

Norway is chock full of some really special and challenging airports.. and whats more, Neil Hill has upgraded them with all sorts of clutter, people flow etc. From what I have seen so far, he has done a tremendous job on this :)

Thank You very much for Your reply John!

Now all that sounds super amazing!

Have a great time my friend - and don't forget catching some screens in between! ;):)

To be fair, all the region packs come with upgraded airports like this. Although this looks a bit of a step up again.

... Although this looks a bit of a step up again.

And that's exactly what put a happy and nicely surprised smile on my face!

;)

We have invested heavily in new custom airport building models, railway bridges and tons of POIs modelled so it's a step up from what you're used to for sure. We have plenty of photoreal areas and also a cityscape in NOR, more previews will reveal those.

Thank You very much for this great information JV!

Well then - looking forward to the next series of previews - and sure:

The release of this sure amazingly looking scenery!

:)

Here it is Ladies and Gents... this is the one you have been waiting for. And I am proud to be presenting you these very first shots of FTX Norway. 

Looking lovely, John, thanks.

Will this release be all of Norway (north to south) or a part of it?

Looking lovely, John, thanks.

Will this release be all of Norway (north to south) or a part of it?

The whole of Norway will be featured. Jam packed with loads of POI, photoreal, re done airports etc... as you would expect with previous regions :)

The whole of Norway will be featured. Jam packed with loads of POI, photoreal, re done airports etc... as you would expect with previous regions :)

Does this include Svalbard (and the islands around) and Jan Mayen? Not large areas, but very much a part of Norway - and very interesting areas to fly in (especially Svalbard - being so faaaar north. Maybe the first Orbx Polarbear-flow is needed?).

Does this include Svalbard (and the islands around) and Jan Mayen? Not large areas, but very much a part of Norway - and very interesting areas to fly in (especially Svalbard - being so faaaar north. Maybe the first Orbx Polarbear-flow is needed?).

Unfortunately not with this release 

Hi,

I already created Jan Mayen as personnal freeware. Look at here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72505-norway-scenery-jan-mayen-v2-norway-for-fsx-p3d-p3d2/

For the DL link, go here : http://wwvecscen.blogspot.fr/2014/01/scenery-of-jan-mayen-v2-norway-for-fsx.html

I plan to rework it to raise to the standard of FTX Norway

Hi,

I already created Jan Mayen as personnal freeware. Look at here:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/72505-norway-scenery-jan-mayen-v2-norway-for-fsx-p3d-p3d2/

For the DL link, go here : http://wwvecscen.blogspot.fr/2014/01/scenery-of-jan-mayen-v2-norway-for-fsx.html

I plan to rework it to raise to the standard of FTX Norway

Cool, thanks! Will install it with the new FTX Norway. 

I really hope Svalbard will get a treatment as an update/service pack. It is very much a part of Norway, and it is an amazing landscape. :-D

Hi All,

Actually EN67 and ENSB airports on Svalbard Isle are included in NOR but the rest of the area is not updated.  They're pretty simple as are the real airports.  For those interested in the detail work on the NOR airports, that was done by Chris Clack, I did the ground work and the main buildings and let Chris do his detail magic as I was also in charge of adding all the final LC and poly work for NOR.

I'm very happy to see the positive response, a lot of work has gone into this from quite a few of us.

Cheers, Neil

Archived