Odd land textures off the coast of Monterey KMRY

Stewart Hobson

Similar to the observation relating to land encroaching into the coastal area around Santa Barbara, I am observing the same phenomenon just south of Monterey Bay off the coast of California.  What file should I look for to possibly correct this anomaly?  This has occurred only since the re-install of FSX and all ORBX sceneries and ending with installing ORBXLIBS.

Thanks for any help.

Stew

Hi, Stew,

Shortly after installing Vector 1:20 and then KPSP - in my "end", see how's coast, north and south, in reference to KMRY.

Peka9hx.jpg

If your computer isn't so - and was fine before the update - you can go in the directory below and ensure that the "1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl" file is in this format - with ".bgl" extension and not ".off"

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery\1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

or

...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX\scenery\1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl

Or, if you prefer, reinstall Vector 1.20.

It is, in summary, what one can conclude the link indicated by the mate Wolter van der Spoel!

Cheers,

But Wolter, you have already told me that this solution doesn't apply to that area of ocean around KMRY, only to that of the OP regarding Santa Barbara, et.al.  Besides, my 1619_WTR_Waterbodies.bgl is quite ok.

Archived