Downloads incomplete

jamesreecewilson

Hey all my friends and i that love your products are wondering why the majority of freeware downloads and updates dont completely download? have tried 3 different browsers all to no result. Looking for the p3d traffic pack and some general updates. I know its just not me that has the issue so can somebody please explain or recitfy!!!! cheers

Are you just trying the built in browser downloaders, or are you using a download manager?

We recommend using a download manager as browser based downloaders are notoriously unstable for large files such as those supplied by Orbx and once you get a failed download, often it keeps data in the cache that causes the download to fail over and over again.

I personally use a manager called "Free Download Manager"... Surprisingly enough, it's free ;) ... I've never had an issue downloading any file with FDM and I've downloaded a lot...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have always used a download manager (GetRight or Lightning Download)and never had a problem with ORBX or any other files, until now.

I have just tried to download Bathurst from the Cloud Server, got to 99.9%.

The download froze, unable to resume like it should, and the download is lost.

Any clues as to why this happened would be appreciated, as I don't feel like wasting another Gig of my download limit.

Regards,

Lyn.

Archived