The new FTX Central

I must be the only person who feels this way, but for the most part, I've resisted buying the smaller Orbx/FTX scenery do to the problem of keeping track of updates.

Not only the updates, but which version of the updates that I had, and what version I needed to find/download/install/so on/and so on/and so on.

I don't even want to think what life was like for people with 10 - 20 - 30 items. :wacko:

A big thanks!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be the only person who feels this way, but for the most part, I've resisted buying the smaller Orbx/FTX scenery do to the problem of keeping track of updates.

Not only the updates, but which version of the updates that I had, and what version I needed to find/download/install/so on/and so on/and so on.

I don't even want to think what life was like for people with 10 - 20 - 30 items. :wacko:

A big thanks!

This will be a major benefit for those of us with lots of FTX AP's.

Not only the updates, but which version of the updates that I had, and what version I needed to find/download/install/so on/and so on/and so on.

I don't even want to think what life was like for people with 10 - 20 - 30 items. :wacko:

A big thanks!

Believe me with 70+ it felt like a full time job at times. I am very happy with the new central, Ben has done an amazing job. Thanks again.

Anton on Tapatalk

Hey guys. I guess I'm a little confused on the new FTX Central. I'm trying out the beta, awesome job Ben!

It showed I needed updates, and to d/l from support page. I did so. My confusion: I thought FTXC2 would see needed updates and install them for you?

Or am I supposed to still d/l the file and do a manual install? I've d/l the updates required..no biggie. I'll manually install them.

Did I misunderstand something. Don't think this is a bug in the program( operator error most likely), it shows an update for the Free NA airports 1-20 paks, on the support link. I don't see them at the fullterrain site. Am I missing something here as well?

Just trying to understand and catch up.

Again, Ben, great job. Love the new interface.

Any insight appreciated

Best,

David

As far as I can tell, FTX Central 2, has downloaded & installed my updates.

In fact, it's done it so fast I can barely tell what it did, so I can't check, but everything is current.

I didn't have to DL anything myself.

When it was done and over there was nothing to do.

Hey guys. I guess I'm a little confused on the new FTX Central. I'm trying out the beta, awesome job Ben!

It showed I needed updates, and to d/l from support page. I did so. My confusion: I thought FTXC2 would see needed updates and install them for you?

Or am I supposed to still d/l the file and do a manual install? I've d/l the updates required..no biggie. I'll manually install them.

Did I misunderstand something. Don't think this is a bug in the program( operator error most likely), it shows an update for the Free NA airports 1-20 paks, on the support link. I don't see them at the fullterrain site. Am I missing something here as well?

Just trying to understand and catch up.

Again, Ben, great job. Love the new interface.

Any insight appreciated

Best,

David

The new FTX Central will eventually be a download tool also, but for now that feature is still being developed. Once it is complete, it will be implemented into the program.

It is very hard to decide where to fly on any given day, but other than that it is pretty manageable if you keep files.

That said, I just yesterday installed this new FTX Central and I like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have FSX and P3Dv2.5 installed on the same system (though different hard drives). FTX Central fully updated.

Normally, I select which version of FTX Central I wish to run. Apart from a few small niggles (as noted by others) it's worked remarkably well. :)

However - I installed HD Trees today (yay!!!) and FTX Central did not fire up automatically as the installer said it would. Maybe because it was already fully updated <?>.

HD Trees doesn't show up anywhere in FTX Central (I was expecting to see it in "Other" - along with Holgermesh and AI Traffic). It appears in the list generated by the Tools - and has installed correctly (beautiful it is too!).

I haven't tried installing into FSX yet.

Adam.

EDIT: My mistake - the installer says the FTX SETUP will run (if FTX Central is not installed). As mine already was, nothing happened (quite correctly).

I re-ran the FTX HD Trees installer for FSX. No errors (and it installed OK) but again - no mention of it in the FTX Central main screen.

Is there a way to toggle HD Trees on/off (to make comparisons)?

I have FSX and P3Dv2.5 installed on the same system (though different hard drives). FTX Central fully updated.

Normally, I select which version of FTX Central I wish to run. Apart from a few small niggles (as noted by others) it's worked remarkably well. :)

However - I installed HD Trees today (yay!!!) and FTX Central did not fire up automatically as the installer said it would. Maybe because it was already fully updated <?>.

HD Trees doesn't show up anywhere in FTX Central (I was expecting to see it in "Other" - along with Holgermesh and AI Traffic). It appears in the list generated by the Tools - and has installed correctly (beautiful it is too!).

I haven't tried installing into FSX yet.

Adam.

Hi Adam,

During the installation the FTX Central installer will only launch if you do not already have it installed (which you do already, so it was not shown)

The location where you enable and disable FTX Trees HD is the general tab in the settings - the setting is "Use FTX Trees HD".

The actual product information (user guide icon, updates etc) will show up under "uncategorised" in the settings as it does not belong to any region in particular.

I'm glad that you're enjoying the trees! It's been interesting watching them grow (hehe)!

Ben - thanks for that. First things first: thanks for all your work (and many posts here) during the [re]development of FTX Central. Much appreciated!

Our posts crossed on the launch issue. As you say - all correct here.

Why on earth I couldn't find it under "Uncategorised" goodness only knows. Well - I do know, really - it's 'cos I'm getting too old for this game :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose RTFM would have helped a bit as well (duh!).

For the benefit of other dimbos like me, the toggle is in General/Scenery.

All sorted - many thanks!! Now back to "turning over a new leaf"!

Adam.

I'd like to take up a little space and state how amazed I am at the latest Central. I noticed that a notification showed that the Freeware European airports needed updating. OK, clicked on the necessary and to my astonishment it not only downloaded the update it installed it as well! One bloody click! :lol:

Fantastic.

I'd like to take up a little space and state how amazed I am at the latest Central. I noticed that a notification showed that the Freeware European airports needed updating. OK, clicked on the necessary and to my astonishment it not only downloaded the update it installed it as well! One bloody click! :lol:

Fantastic.

Ron, I must wholeheartedly agree - the new Central is nothing but Fantastic. Aside from easing the stress of tracking updates, I reckon I am flying many more hours now. Again top marks to Ben and crew.

Anton on Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

hello ben,

i am very pleased with the new central V2 , but can you say what new or refine options for v2 are still in development ?

what should be great but don't know if possible, that you can change regions inside prepar3d or FSX without leaving simulator.

this should be a great timesaver.

thanks for all work done.

How to uninstall the older version ? FTX Central1, I got it on my pc twice :D

And some airports missing, dont they? Southampton for example, that i have installed

Hi you must not uninstall your FXT Central1 for now. I have deleted the icon from my desktop so that it does not show only. ORBX said on a post some where we need to leave FXT Central 1 installed untill they say so. FTX Central 2 is still bieng developed.

Ron, I must wholeheartedly agree - the new Central is nothing but Fantastic. Aside from easing the stress of tracking updates, I reckon I am flying many more hours now. Again top marks to Ben and crew.

Anton on Tapatalk

There's just one more little wrinkle to be smoothed out in my opinion. The title of the desktop shortcut should be shortened to 'FTX Central' leaving room for the selected region to be displayed in full. As it is it says 'FTX Central 2 (FSX_O'. No doubt, if you're using P3D it says 'FTX Central 2 (P3D_O'. Like I said, a little wrinkle.  ;)

Archived