Green Airports in USA SW with FTX Global

silpheed

Hi there,

I know you react somewhat allergic to issues starting with "too green", but despite all the progress and improvement after installing FTX Global I am somewhat dissapointed by the fact that airports in SW USA start exhibiting underlying green grass textures. One such example is KAEG. In default FSX, the base texture under the airport is desert-like, whereas it appears like an oasis after switching to FTX Global.

I saw there is continuing mentioning of this issue all around, but I haven't found any remedy. I have looked extensively through the forum and I only found one case which could be solved by switching to a FTX Freeware airport since it happened to be available.

So I would simply like to know whether there is any general way to solve this issue at all, without getting rid of FTX Global.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

the color has nothing to do with Vector, that's texture tiles and this discussion has already being done a wee while back, to that there was an update for FTX Global base, so I'd say check that you have all updates and patches and do not forget to run the latest library files last.

all updates and patches available here => https://fullterrain.com/support

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same problem... purchased, downloaded and installed FTX Global few days ago (so latest version of course)

Isn´t this a simple problem with a simple solution? Seems to be only a "wrong" colored texture wich needs to be replaced no?

edit: Order #FSS0350014

• 2 months later...

Yes, I too fly a lot in the American central and SW and find this to be a big flaw in an otherwise beautiful product.

This seems like it could be solved.

For the time being, I took the Airfield1 textures from my old texture installation. (They are the 139b2** in the sceney/world/texture folder).

(Just make sure you back up all textures first!) 

When I fly in the SW I use these textures and when I'm someplace "green" I revert back to ORBX textures.

I do share the sentiment that all textures in the sim world are too green in the USA no matter what season or textures you use. Most of the USA is nearly all brown in winter with many more deciduous trees (dead in winter) than is ever depicted. There are far less conifers in many areas.

Farmland becomes very brown as early as late summer. I actually find the winter textures to look the most reaslstic for most of the seasons since there is green with brown mixed in so I often fly with my date set to January!

I anxiously await NA OpenLC in hopes that many of these things will be addressed. I am sure the developers speak with real-world pilots like me who live & fly in the USA and know what things really look like out the window in all seasons!

The sim is always going to be a compromise and Orbx is doing a very good job of trying to bring the most reality possible.

cheers,

Sam

Order Number: FSS0335515

• 1 year later...

Archived