ORBX "new engine"

hhelikopter

Hello!

As we all know, FSX is an outdated software. Why doesn't a developer like ORBX make an "engine" for the simulator, which could bring a 40-60% increase in performance? I'd pay serious money for such a thing. We have really nice add-ons, but they're useless if we can't rune them.

Please consider this.

Hello!

As we all know, FSX is an outdated software. Why doesn't a developer like ORBX make an "engine" for the simulator, which could bring a 40-60% increase in performance? I'd pay serious money for such a thing. We have really nice add-ons, but they're useless if we can't rune them.

Please consider this.

Have you looked at P3Dv2.3???

Hello!

Please consider this.

:banghead:

For someone with maybe a little less knowledge about the subject, which might be the case as this is the first post of the topicstarter, this is a legitimate question. I really don't understand the sarcastic remarks that welcome him here.

That said, developing a new engine basically means building a complete new simulator. Orbx is to small to accomplish this. It has been asked and discussed before, but it is safe to say Orbx will never develop a new sim.

Yes it would be lovely for a company like Orbx to design then publish a engine to run the next generation flight sim. But that would take alot of money just to get it into development stage.

If microsoft could have made the engine run on the Xbox then maybe they would still be in the market place.(flight being a weak try)

But if anyone out there has 1 to 3 million to make a engine  that could deal with all our needs and could finance a company like Orbx then maybe!

I think I read a topic a couple years ago of the perfect companies to get together, pool resources and develop a simulations for flight.

Of course Orbx would lead the teams in the texture department.

PMDG. A2A, Majestic, Aerosoft would provide the Aircraft

Outerra would be used as the base engine.

REX and ASN would provide the biggest, most realistic weather/environment package ever.

And we all would happily pay a lot of money for it! lol

A smoke dream at best, but man think of how it would be if everyone had the money! One can wish right?

To the OP, that was not a bad question, so don't worry about some of these replies. Some people just don't have any thinking skills before they post. 

I think the first question is correct, anyway it would be great to create a new sim not for pc but for the consoles, according to me. P3D is doing a wonderful job for our PCs, a new total revolution would be instead a development for Ps3, Ps4 or Xbox one.

But as many of yours correctly say, a great task and a lot of money would be needed for a thing like this. It's also one of my dreams to see a serious flight simulator on console, at least you don't have to worry too much about the settings and the graphic quality would be to the top :)

I've been using FSX and its addons for 6 years now with a pretty beast config. I fly helicopters and there are no more types compatible with P3Dv2.3 so I won't change. I still say we need a new engine. I think my idea still stands. Just look at all the ORBX upgrades: they are spectacular, wonderful, yet there's no platform that could run them while still being compatible with earlier FSX addons.

Take a look at this link:

Trainz became an outdated simulator but Trainz fans collected 160 000 AUD. Development began, it's getting a new engine and numerous other graphical fixes. Why can't we flying sim fans do this?

There is a huge difference between developing top-notch sceneries and developing a simulation engine plus an apropiate render engine. You need a totally different set of skills for that.

AU$160,000 is a tiny amount of money to develop a flight sim engine for, so good luck to the Trainz fans, that bucket of money will burn up really quickly.

P3D 2.3 now performs very well, probably close to the best a 32-bit engine under DX11 can do. By v2.6 it will be faster again and rock stable. If you can't run addons very well then go buy newer better faster PC hardware, simple as that.

Ha, maybe simple for a rich man like you, John.

But i know many ppl who cannot afford to update rigs every 3 years, or buy superfast stuff,  and these also want to fly.

Right now, i am very impressed with the pnw demo, it runs well here on a 2.4 Ghz laptop.

Running fsx well on lower hardware is all about balaning sliders well.

I was intending to get it, but ran into some problems with the flightsimshop.

They added stuff i absolutely did not choose.....and thats not how i like to do business.

Hopefully they can solve the issue.

I wished there were other places to buy the orbx stuff, too mmuch monopoly aint good.

Hopefully this doenst sound too much like a rant, hehehe, but i am  a but angry right now.

I just was hoping i could play with a region today..but it have to wait..

as far as i can tell the orbx regions are really topnotch.

greetings to all and happy simming

....... I fly helicopters and there are no more types compatible with P3Dv2.3 so I won't change......

I fly only (99%) Helicopters with P3D v2.3 and I've a lot of useable helis. My favorite is the Milviz Bell 407 but others are doing well too.

Spirit

Hi, Hhelikopter, 

Did you ever experienced P3Dv2.3? If not, take a chance on this new simulator? 

You will not spend much ($ 50) and will see that everything you do in FSX, you will in P3Dv2.3. 

Here you will discover how to migrate the majority of your choppers to P3Dv2.3 smoothly without incompatibilities - except those that are not allowed by the EULA. 

Think about it, 

Good luck, mate!

Cheers,

Hi, Hhelikopter, 

Did you ever experienced P3Dv2.3? If not, take a chance on this new simulator? 

You will not spend much ($ 50) and will see that everything you do in FSX, you will in P3Dv2.3. 

Here you will discover how to migrate the majority of your choppers to P3Dv2.3 smoothly without incompatibilities - except those that are not allowed by the EULA. 

Think about it, 

Good luck, mate!

Cheers,

Interesting, I was told you had to buy the pro software $199. Do most guys buy the Academic ? If I can get P3D for $50 I'm in.

Interesting, I was told you had to buy the pro software $199. Do most guys buy the Academic ? If I can get P3D for $50 I'm in.

$49.95 is for the V1 Academic, Version 2 Academic is $59.95.    I pesonally am waiting on P3D.   I have a very stable FSX with the DX10 Scenery Fixer and will probably wait for a later V2 series number before I decide to install P3D.   

I read that Dovetail Games buy Microsoft Flight Simulator license, but I don't know if it's only for FSX or they will make a new flight sim in the futur... But I know they will release the game on steam and make some extension pack (and maybe a patch)...

Wait and see

P3D is becoming that new flight simulation engine.  It continues to receive new features and become more fine tuned from a performance standpoint.  Honestly when I fire up FSX, it looks like a something from the mid 2000's.  P3D truly looks and performs more and more like a new platform with each release.

Archived