FSX-P3D new Setup Monitor Suggestion

ss944

hello

I recently built my own i7 4790k pc with a gtx 780 etc. in an effort to improve my fsx/p3d experience.

I had been using my iMac 27" (late 2011) on bootcamp - the performance was just ok and never allowed to push certain settings :) including volumetric clouds etc.

My assumption(beating myself up for this) was I could use my iMac as a display - but as I am reading everywhere the newer iMacs with thunderbolt ports only play nice with other iMacs and not with PCs.. So I am back to the drawing board on the total idea and in addition my budget is blown :)

I enjoyed higher resolutions on the iMac but was never getting great performance when I used those resolutions.. So I am looking for suggestions here/recommendations - what to get a monitor or TV.. and what works best with FSX/P3D as this would be a specific setup for that purpose.

As always appreciate the help.

Hi, I use a 42" LG 1080i LCD TV via the HDMI as my monitor as well as trackir 5 and the immersion I sense is awesome, better than I had with a multi monitor set up. Also the performance is great, everything is crisp and clear (with a little help from nvidia inspector of course) and no lag.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Hey SS

I have just bought the new Asus PG278Q G-Sync monitor. I haven't got around to setting it up but will be doing some testing this weekend. It looks incredible though and I am hearing good things about the G-Sync aspect of things. Will report back with some findings and let you know what I think. Have a similar set up to you outside of that.

James

Just been testing out the new monitor and I have to say that I am impressed. I didn't have huge issues with stutters before but I can see that G-Sync definitely adds some smoothness to proceedings although you do have to be in full screen mode to utilise it. The higher resolution is fantastic and overall it looks great - early days but I would recommend this monitor so far! I do need to play with colour and brightness settings a bit as it isn't perfect but will look to use a calibration tool to do so. Definitely worth checking out this monitor as an option I would say. Performance with my GTX 780Ti and ASN and heavy weather is pretty good so far. Settings pretty high too.

Let me know if you want any more info on the set up and performance - will be tweaking things in the coming days and weeks.

James

Archived