Next Alaska Region

As time progresses I would thing that ORBX will probably find a pattern that fits. Regions give you the best bang for the buck, new airports add new excitement.  For the new P3Dv2.2 crowd the revival of past released give ORBX an extension in new sales, but obviously not the first priority.  Personally I would like to see what I already purchased work in P3Dv2.2 and sooner rather than later.  With a free upgrade, we cant expect the same treatment as new releases which is why I would be willing to pay an upgrade fee or a blanket fee to expiate the process....giving ORBX a revenue stream and therefore an incentive to speed up the process. In the future I would hope we could expect a predictable release schedule of updates and new releases.....In the meantime, I check everyday to see if there is a new release on the horizon.

Henry

Perhaps a member of the orbx team could comment on wether a fee for a converted airport/scenery would in fact speed up the process ,or is it more a case of resources/staff.

I am quite prepared to wait for this developement , it takes as long as it takes, but would happily pay a fee if it helps to speed things up.

Tomesk,  I too would like to know if there is a proposed sequence for completing Alaska  ( always assuming that's Orbx's long-term intention, of course ). Going by what we already have in SAK, the rest of Alaska will be equally spectacular, but no doubt an immense amount of work. South California first though, please, to finish the trip off south in the USA. ;)

I am quite prepared to wait for this developement , it takes as long as it takes, but would happily pay a fee if it helps to speed things up.

This is a brilliant idea. I would gladly pay a fee for each airport updated to P3D 2.2 and 2.3 or 3.0 and further. Orbx should start a poll to inquire about this or consider this as a possibility.

If it would help get airports updated a bit quicker I would be fully on board with some kind of update charge.

At present the updates just trickle out too slowly. I realize it's a lot of work and I am very grateful for all the work that Orbx provides - It's just that at the current rate we are looking at quite a long time - years to get every airport updated. And I dearly miss the airports that I have which are not yet made for P3D 2.2.

I'm on board with this idea as well. Orbx's approach to date regarding free upgrades of their FSX titles to P3D V2 compatibility has been generous, but I would be willing to pay a reasonable P3D2 upgrade fee to speed the release of the triple installers for the legacy titles, and would be willing to pay even a little more for updates that take advantage of new features in the 2.x release and/or upgrades content.

Awsome news and it's always great to see what new magic Orbx can create but I for one hope we get most current airports updated for P3D 2.2 before new regions are released.

I can understand your point, having just started my transition to P3Dv2 this week. Won't be long and I'll be wanting those airports back (I had them all in FSX). But I don't want to see the pace of development fall off just to get some airports converted, nor do I think that will happen. ORBX like any small business depends on generating revenue and they aren't doing that by dedicating resources to doing work that has already been paid for. Plus their developers are interested in creating, that's what they do. We'll get the p3Dv2 triple installers as they get around to doing them, and they are knocking them out at a fair clip, I think.

OK now I don't mind paying a small fee for something like what Gordon M did with WA79, which is a bit of an upgrade. That to me seems fair because it's additional content and it's taking up Gordon's time and creative energy.

And in any case, there is nothing John V loves more than a long thread dedicated to telling him how to run his business. Let's just be patient.