Real life Q400 flight over Orbx areas

Skyroamer

Hey guys, I figured I'd share a time lapse video I made during an awesome flight I got to go on at the Airline I work for here in the PNW area. The video shows many areas featured in Orbx products. This flight was a repositioning of the aircraft to Anchorage from Portland, with a refueling stop in Ketchikan. The route pretty much followed the coast line. Featured in the video are a PDX takeoff, a visual approach into Ketchikan, an instrument departure from Ketchikan and an ILS approach into Anchorage (PANC) in addition to landmarks such as the Olympic Mountains, Glaciers, the city of Ketchikan and more.

>http://youtu.be/PuBNkvIbQ4A

• 2 months later...

wow I missed this originally  That vid made me shed tears I think because it really displays the vast expanse of planet earth and what insignificant creatures humans are.

and therefore any opinion espoused by myself would be moot ..................oh who cares ... GREAT VID

That was seriously good, I was thinking as I watched the video, that the ORBX scenery is actually not too far off the mark when all is said and done, I love flying around those areas, and that video really highlights the beautiful scenery that is to be found up in the northwest.

regards

John MD

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the comments. I treasure this experience very much as it was a really excellent time. The people of Alaska are truly extraordinary. During our refueling stop in Ketchikan, the Alaska Airlines station crew was awaiting our arrival with a traditional Alaska BBQ with freshly caught local Salmon and Halibut. They had t-shirts and smoked salmon for us, and took pictures with our airplane, which is painted with a University of Alaska theme. All to celebrate Horizon Air's start of operations in the last frontier. We also apparently enjoyed one of the VERY VERY few clear days they get per year, and that was in the winter time! Quite a special day! 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived