Holy COW! openLC beats ALL Orbx sales records!

John Venema

JV,

Do you have an approximate ETA for the updated version of Vector? Likely before or after Open LC North America?

Thanks, and congrats!

John

Vector 1.2 is coming next month, openLC NA we are aiming for Xmas timeframe

the orbx forums is the first website i go to when i get up in the morning, it might be a great christmas this year for me,i am really looking forward to just the vector update, and NA LC  will be the icing on the cake, seeing my home state of Indiana will be amazing, alot of corn fields but none the less amazing, and Florida is just nothing but sand and lakes, thanks for the update John.

Hello J V and ORBX Team.

I was one of those who has understand that OpenLC will correct the roads from crossing buildings and many things BUT, now I understand exact why OpenLC doesn't correct that and what it is ment to do...

I am very pleased with how OpenLC improved my FSX or P3D experience and sincerlly thank you ORBX for such a wonderful FTX puzzle. OpenLC deserve any cent that I paid.

THANK YOU, ORBX Team !!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

Vector 1.2 is coming next month, openLC NA we are aiming for Xmas timeframe

Great, for some reason I thought 2.0 was next but it's whatever this next version is I've been holding out for.

Wow!

A milestone in flightsim scenery depiction!

Next step could only be fotoreal wallpaper scenery - but I prefer the way OrbX does.

Since I purchased and installed LC EU I've spent re-flying an already known route from Austria across Germany, Baltic Sea, Finnland to North Cape, now following the Norwegian coast southward. I've done that route already with FTX Global and Global vector alone and was - to be honest - a bit disappointed. Though already times better than the default P3D scenery it did not convince. When my wife came by seeing my simflying, she always asked: "Where are you flying?" Now, with openLC EU it's "Oh, you are there'n'there!". So - NOW the landcape is REALLY recognizable! :)

Only 3 items which diminish my enthusiams a little:

1: At higher latitudes than 66° (in the arctic) there are often non-fitting quare tile texture patterns criss-cross-placed into the scandinavic woods, showing completly non-fitting content: i.e. a square section of hughly enlarged motorway, or town-texture (without autogen) misplaced, even lake/sea patterns placed on sloping mountain sides. They where not there without openLC... - Screenshots with coordinates can be provided (as soon as I find out how to post screenshots).

2. (For my taste) roads lack banquets, rail tracks lack embankments, which looks akward especially in train station areas, where house textures or grass textures peek through between the tracks, Rivers lack riversides (they look as if there was a permanent flooding - water adjoins greenland without any transitions).

3. Smaller roads only show one-way traffic, though they do have two-way-traffic in reality.

...but the latter 2 points are "peanuts".

At the moment I'm indulging a new quality of simflying as never seen before! ::)

Michael, Austria.

I have been fortunate enough to have been simming for a good number of years. It has been a lot of fun to watch the progress with the various simulators over the years.

Along comes some developers for enhancements that truly stand out in their accomplishments.

The products that I have gotten from this company, free and purchased, are absolutely some of the best to be had.

So, it goes without saying, deservedly, that your sales of the outstanding OpenLC Europe has been truly a great success story. The work involved to create what has been created must involve some extraordinary talents. And, as a completely satisfied customer, your hard work wasn't wasted.

The sales prove that.

Please keep up the great job.

In exceeding anticipation of OpenLC North America, I will relish in the pleasure of Europe over and over again, and re-living through recreation some very fond memories.

Cheers,

JIm

• 2 weeks later...

No surprise really. When you have a product this good then it speaks for itself.

You also have a lot of dedicated followers, many of whom will buy your products 'because they are Orbx products' and the quality is assured.

The preview screenies help too.

Well done Orbx Team.

Archived