OpenLC EU - Mediterranean impressions II

(All shots taken in P3Dv2 with FTX Global, Vector and FSG2010 + REX4 and REX weather engine)

The first two are for Mike who showed us comparison views from his recent RL trip from England to Mallorca (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80987-openlc-eu-mediterranean-impressions/?p=745663).
This is what it looks like with openLC in July:

Near EGSS Stansted, shortly after taking off
fjULG.jpg

Approaching LEPA Palma de Mallorca
8iKjl.jpg

The following (viewed mostly during dawn or dusk) are taken just for the fun of it - after all that testing :).

Some from around Burgos, Northern Spain:

6jlQi.jpg

z7ZUV.jpg

2YjfS.jpg

RJq7.jpg

Lissabon and Alto Douro:

rgGeB.jpg
[double post deleted]

ZJB2F.jpg

CkpPf.jpg

89MOo.jpg

vbYCp.jpg

JwuHQ.jpg

Cyprus, south coast:

ouxwU.jpg

6bWv.jpg

58lyT.jpg

Nw7o.jpg

Its all looking remarkably convincing, but you do know I flew out of Luton Frank, not Stansted? >:D I'm kidding mate, you realise that yes? Thanks for doing that comparison, and interesting to see England as she'll be represented in EU Open Land Class. Would it be appropriate to ask if there is an observed or anticipated FPS hit with this product? I know JV stated the VAS impact would be zero, and I know Berlin is a different kettle of fish to the Lincolnshire fens, but what cost for all that beauty in FPS when compared to baseline global in a like for like area, if any?

(All shots taken in P3Dv2 with FTX Global, Vector and FSG2010 + REX4 and REX weather engine)

CkpPf.jpg

Wow this looks fantastic!

Could you tell me which texture you have used in REX4 for the texture of the water?

Simply outstanding.

grt

Festijn

Its all looking remarkably convincing, but you do know I flew out of Luton Frank, not Stansted? >:D I'm kidding mate, you realise that yes? Thanks for doing that comparison, and interesting to see England as she'll be represented in EU Open Land Class. Would it be appropriate to ask if there is an observed or anticipated FPS hit with this product? I know JV stated the VAS impact would be zero, and I know Berlin is a different kettle of fish to the Lincolnshire fens, but what cost for all that beauty in FPS when compared to baseline global in a like for like area, if any?

Hi Mike, I can't notice any fps impact when using openLC, on the contrary: in large parts of Europe openLC reduces the number of autogen objects, because it places the autogen more precisely than the default landclass does (not as randomly). For example and as you're familiar with it :), Luton airport is surrounded by lots of houses in the default scenery, while in openLC it is bordered on the east and south by the open landscape (like in reality, according to GE). That's why I'm getting directly at EGGW with openLC (and conditions similar to those shown in the pics of EGSS) average 41.7 fps vs default 31.2.

....Could you tell me which texture you have used in REX4 for the texture of the water?

Thanks festijn - I changed the the water colour with REX OD Essentials (less plancton, less saturation). All other settings are made afterwards via REX4, leaving the REX ODE water unchanged.

CkpPf.jpg

Wow this looks fantastic!

Could you tell me which texture you have used in REX4 for the texture of the water?

Simply outstanding.

grt

Festijn

Yes, the water looks really great here.

Patric

Thanks for the incredible shots of Mallorca, southern Cyprus and all the Mediterranean shots you've taken and posted Frank! They're really appreciated and all these shots you, Iain and Rob are teasing us with for the last few days leading up to release really are making for such an enjoyable build-up. Loving every set! Outstanding product!  ::)  :smile:

Archived