AYPY Jacksons International, Papua New Guinea

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll also be including AYBK, AYCH, AYDU, AYGA, AYGN, AYGR, AYHK, AYKI, AYKV, AYKY, AYMD, AYMH, AYMN, AYMO, AYNZ, AYVN, AYWD, AYWK, AYTA, AYTB as 'Enhanced' airports: which means non-square grass backgrounds, hangars, buildings, working APXs, proper AI traffic and and some Orbx PNG objects splashed around

Nothing fancy or custom made, just purely generic, easily removed if required, and of course just for fun because...hey we enjoy it ;)

Cheers

Tim and Ken

We'll also be including AYBK, AYCH, AYDU, AYGA, AYGN, AYGR, AYHK, AYKI, AYKV, AYKY, AYMD, AYMH, AYMN, AYMO, AYNZ, AYVN, AYWD, AYWK, AYTA, AYTB as 'Enhanced' airports: which means non-square grass backgrounds, working APXs, proper AI traffic and and some Orbx PNG objects splashed around

Nothing fancy or custom made, just purely generic, easily removed if required, and of course just for fun because...hey we enjoy it ;)

Cheers

Tim and Ken

Are all the pigeons out of the bag now?   ^_^

will it be free  :ph34r:

Are you referring to the additional enhanced airports, they will be included in the package, no extra charge,

So that's

An international airport

One regional strip with large Photoreal coverage

About 11 bush strips with Photoreal and had painted runways and villages

The Kokoda track with several villages and a helipad at the Isurava memorial site

Plus all those enhanced strips to fly to, all with working AI

Not too shabby for $32.95

Unless you need some steak knives as well

Cheers

Ken

We'll also be including AYBK, AYCH, AYDU, AYGA, AYGN, AYGR, AYHK, AYKI, AYKV, AYKY, AYMD, AYMH, AYMN, AYMO, AYNZ, AYVN, AYWD, AYWK, AYTA, AYTB as 'Enhanced' airports: which means non-square grass backgrounds, hangars, buildings, working APXs, proper AI traffic and and some Orbx PNG objects splashed around

This is sounding better and better. Can you give AYKM  ( Kerema ) a spruce up too ? No matter if not - blimey, I am so looking forward to this. Credit card ready as never before.  :D

Can you please include these fields into an accopanying KMZ file as well? "Nothing fancy" is still a lot in this region.

In addition to Tim's Murray Island and Tree Top's Torres Straits, this is gonna be amazing!

Love these challenging airstrips and the real sense of being in the altitudes with those volumetric mist in the mountains.  Can almost feel the humidity.. and the hanging laundry.. of course a change of underwear will be needed after attempting to land on these strips!

Top work guys, absolutely love it!

In addition to Tim's Murray Island and Tree Top's Torres Straits, this is gonna be amazing!

Love these challenging airstrips and the real sense of being in the altitudes with those volumetric mist in the mountains.  Can almost feel the humidity.. and the hanging laundry.. of course a change of underwear will be needed after attempting to land on these strips!

Top work guys, absolutely love it!

Looking Forward to seeing your screenies John, real men don't need a change of underwear

Well done Tim and Ken and thank you for "Thinking outside the Box".  Tim I enjoyed your comment (first of our Pacific Islands conquests (PI):) and we can all look forward to some more Island hopping.

Thanks again Guys!!!

As long time Pacific Island Simulations advocate it is really comforting to know that you and Graham are good friends and all. Can't wait to  hit my Paypal account for this one. The immersion just continues to be enhanced. The PSI's PNG combo package is a outstanding classic with 41 airstrips that will meld into this. Thank you for all your hours of dedicated work to bring this about. 

Excellent idea, looks awesome. So many different subjects of interest, the people, the cabins, the short runways, all promising to be lots of fun. I love the aspect of including all those tropical plants, will give an added feeling of immersion.

Wow! After flying to regular fsx airports for about 30+ years (yes, I started with sublogics FS II for MS-DOS!) I really enjoy the small bushstrips and airfields around the world, f.e. the small OZx strips which are working very well in P3D2! And now some more by ORBX, that's fantastic! Thanky you guys!

Thank you all so much for making this one of the most popular announcements threads ever at Orbx!! me and Ken are simply stunned at the amazing response :blink:

So to keep you going while we test the final release version,( RTM testing just kicked off.. few minutes ago!), allow me to sneak you a copy of the PNG KML which shows the main airports included: Jacksons and the 10 x bushstrips and also the 21 x enhanced regional airports spread out across PNG

ORBX_PNG_airport_package_map_V1.0.kmz.zip

ORBX_PNG_airport_package_map_V1.0.kml.zip

Thank you all so much for making this one of the most popular announcements threads ever at Orbx!! me and Ken are simply stunned at the amazing response :blink:

So to keep you going while we test the final release version,( RTM testing just kicked off.. few minutes ago!), allow me to sneak you a copy of the PNG KML which shows the main airports included: Jacksons and the 10 x bushstrips and also the 21 x enhanced regional airports spread out across PNG

Nothing happens when I open this file in GE ?

Hi Michael

Download the zip, unzip the KMZ, open up Google earth, turn off all layers, drag and drop the KMZ into Googleearth

You should see this:

Weird, tried that as well as double-clicking, but it does not show up anywhere and I have many other FTX kmz files in GE ?

• 4 months later...

Hello Paul,

Could you be so kind as to PM me on how you got PIS' Raw Grit/Bush Trekker to work with Vector/FS Global 2010?  I posted the issue in the "Vector" forum but never got a reply.   I would like it very much to have PNG working again as I use to do a lot of my flying there but Vector destroyed it for me.

Regards,

Tim... 

=========================================================================================================================================================

Hi Tim 

Don't know if you still have this problem but I managed to improve the FTX Vector coast situation at AYMD at least, by going into the following folder:

...\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimMarket\PNG Bush Flying\PNG Bush Flying\Scenery

by removing and backing up all files with 'coast' in them. This should work for all coastal airports.

I'm sure you could have a play around with these and other files and improve issues near airports. I'm going to have a play when I get my new PC next week. You may lose some of RawGrit's lovely nuances of course but there always a trade off if you mess around with things.

I would be prepared to pay extra for a Raw Grit FTX vector compatible update, but I get the idea it's complex.. 

FTX  global and vector are already showing massive improvements in PNG for me..

Hope this helps

Ray

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29.2.2016 at 3:55 AM, Doc44kin said:

Oh crikey Tim,i'll not be able to sleep till I can get this one:-),well done guys!!  Doc

Doc, this was already released in June 2014 - almost 2 years ago! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived