AYPY Jacksons International, Papua New Guinea

1 amazing looking airport and 11 detailed strips for the price of one? Bring it on... :)

Hope that over time you'll cover the entire area between Oz and California with these enhancements. That would make for one heck of a flying experience.

Cheers

Mallard

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim walked disappeared from the site for awhile. He returned a few weeks ago, and I thought "here comes things!" Sure enough, this new approach - a whole 'micro-region' wide commercial and tourist interest can be submitted! 😉

We shall see face to rich details that 'll make this experience an immersion into the world of flight simulation!

Congrats Ken & Tim by promising work!😃

Another good thing is that it doesn't cover over the Islandsim PNG Extreme Combo package but rather fills in some of the blanks. Awesome.

I did a quick google search for Kokoda Track kmz and got myself a nice trail linking the airstrips.

Another good thing is that it doesn't cover over the Islandsim PNG Extreme Combo package but rather fills in some of the blanks. Awesome.

Graham of Pacific Island simulations is a good friend of mine and I have always respected and admired his fine work in the pacific and also for treading the less trodden paths, we have a gentleman's agreement

Graham of Pacific Island simulations is a good friend of mine and I have always respected and admired his fine work in the pacific and also for treading the less trodden paths, we have a gentleman's agreement

Thats rather nice to hear. I never got PIS' Raw Grit/Bush Trekker to work properly on top of Vector, but of course thats a separate support issue, and not for this thread.

Tim, Ken...from what you are saying, more coverage of the Pacific is being considered. Depending on what data and aerial photography is available, would you do more around the periphery of the Solomon Sea ? Bougainville has already been mentioned, but I'm thinking of places like Honiara on Guadalcanal, New Britain and New Ireland, the Trobriands, and so on. It's a very interesting region of the world, complements Australia SP4 in the south, and of course has a very significant history.

That said, no matter what you have in the Pacific pipeline, I'm a very happy simmer right now. Jacksons looks wonderful.

INCREDIBLE! What a cool surprise, did NOT see this coming.

I would have been happy as a clam just to hear about you two guys doing ONLY AYPY, as there isn't even a decent freeware version of this out there (at least that I have found), and certainly nothing of pay-ware quality. Only if I really allowed myself to dream would I have imagined ORBX doing this!

But no, you guy go way beyond and essentially create a little mini FTX region wedged in there between those two airports.

Man, I am so fired up no. Great news! Thanks guys for sharing and thanks for all your hard work and imagination.

-

Agreed, I noted that as well. I like that package but I don't fly it a ton. I thinking having a proper jump-off point in AYPY will help a great deal.

This is nice to hear. This guy does great work, and his projects are all also long anticipated. No doubt this ORBX release will boost sales of PNG for Graham.

Thats rather nice to hear. I never got PIS' Raw Grit/Bush Trekker to work properly on top of Vector, but of course thats a separate support issue, and not for this thread.

Tim, Ken...from what you are saying, more coverage of the Pacific is being considered. Depending on what data and aerial photography is available, would you do more around the periphery of the Solomon Sea ? Bougainville has already been mentioned, but I'm thinking of places like Honiara on Guadalcanal, New Britain and New Ireland, the Trobriands, and so on. It's a very interesting region of the world, complements Australia SP4 in the south, and of course has a very significant history.

That said, no matter what you have in the Pacific pipeline, I'm a very happy simmer right now. Jacksons looks wonderful.

Hello Paul,

Could you be so kind as to PM me on how you got PIS' Raw Grit/Bush Trekker to work with Vector/FS Global 2010?  I posted the issue in the "Vector" forum but never got a reply.   I would like it very much to have PNG working again as I use to do a lot of my flying there but Vector destroyed it for me.

Regards,

Tim... 

As one who, in real life, worked and played in the area between 1961 - 1975 and was involved in the design, funding, and construction of the real airfields along the Kokoda Trail/Track (along with many indigenous Koiari people and several expatriate field officers like myself), may I say how happy I am to see such a great simulation of these airfields.

Although I patrolled between Owers Corner and Kokoda seven times each way, I never had the experience of actually flying into these airfields as either a pilot (was PPL) or pax, except for both Jacksons and Kokoda. So now I will be able to simulate that experience in my final years more than 40 years later.

Thank you so much gents and my PayPal awaits.

Hello Paul,

Could you be so kind as to PM me on how you got PIS' Raw Grit/Bush Trekker to work with Vector/FS Global 2010?  I posted the issue in the "Vector" forum but never got a reply.   I would like it very much to have PNG working again as I use to do a lot of my flying there but Vector destroyed it for me.

Regards,

Tim...

Actually rather than PM him, share it with the rest of us. I am having those issues as well.

Maybe we should start a thread over there, or continue in Tim's thread.

I flew PacSim's PNG extensively in FSX. Now with PNG+ASN+REX4 and THIS it's like a dream come true.

Kodiak and Twotter are ready, now if only Marcel's Porter would come out in time.

With Moresby out Murray Island and OzX' Torres Strait Islands are getting a whole lot more busy for me :)

P.S.: I'm also interested in how to get Graham's PNG running with Vector/FS Global.

Hello Paul,

Regards,

Tim... 

Actually rather than PM him, share it with the rest of us. I am having those issues as well.

Maybe we should start a thread over there, or continue in Tim's thread.

I must admit I dont have that package, Tim will most likely chime in here but sounds like it may be FS9 scenery. I'm sure if theres a way we'll find it

cheers Ken

Hi guys,

May I ask firmly but respectfully that all topics pertaining to RAW-Grit/VECTOR are posted in the FTX compatibility forum, as this is an issue with two products that really have nothing to do with me or this project

In fact I have spent some time providing extra files to accommodate VECTOR users, and I'm working on accommodating RAW-Grit to a certain extent

Thanks.

Hi guys,

May I ask firmly but respectfully that all topics pertaining to RAW-Grit/VECTOR are posted in the FTX compatibility forum, as this is an issue with two products that really have nothing to do with me or this project

In fact I have spent some time providing extra files to accommodate VECTOR users, and I'm working on accommodating RAW-Grit to a certain extent

Thanks.

Sorry Tim.

Hello Paul,

Regards,

Tim... 

Hi Tim,

If you read my post again you will see that I never got it to work with Vector. I'll look for your thread and talk to you there. As Tim Harris says, this thread is about the joyous Jacksons news !

Hi Tim,

If you read my post again you will see that I never got it to work with Vector. I'll look for your thread and talk to you there. As Tim Harris says, this thread is about the joyous Jacksons news !

DOH!! My bad Paul.  To much excitement and a long day.....

Sorry.

we bring you the first of our Pacific Islands conquests (PI):

I wonder if you could expound on this statement, Tim?

Not sure but I think I sense an update to the product roadmap coming in our near future....

I wonder if you could expound on this statement, Tim?

Not sure but I think I sense an update to the product roadmap coming in our near future....

But what if I enjoy just hitting people with surprises?, life, box of chocolates etc, there's still more surprises to be had with this project first >:D

For those that have a weather program I can tell you it changes fast, had another flight tonight, did a short tour of moresby with the rain pelting down, pulled into the terminal and watched the AI come and go for a bit, then when the weather cleared a bit I took of in the most amazing weather I've seen, low level cumulus almost black with the sun shining through in patches, by the time I reached Boridi, I was at 9000 ft and had an amazing view of the ocean, pink skies and ominous layer of clouds just above me, had just enough time to land at Boridi, jump in the chopper and dodge some low level stuff and make it to Launumu before last light, luckily they had the fires going and a good feed. Quite a journey.

Cheers

Ken

When you speak of hand-placed land class, do you mean vector land class like of those in regions or is this just a standard like openLC? 

Thanks for bringing us the South Pacific.

This hand placed tiles only, the Kokoda track has been added by hand also, this not a full fat region, rather a slight modification around the area to give it a better look and performance.

It looks and performs better than the standard global which replaces tiles in your standard FSX placement, but it is only the immediate area around strips that's be done, it works with or without vector, but is designed to blend with Orbx global textures.

I highly recommend global as it is a makeover for the entire globe and is being upgraded constantly.

Cheers

As one who, in real life, worked and played in the area between 1961 - 1975 and was involved in the design, funding, and construction of the real airfields along the Kokoda Trail/Track (along with many indigenous Koiari people and several expatriate field officers like myself), may I say how happy I am to see such a great simulation of these airfields. Although I patrolled between Owers Corner and Kokoda seven times each way, I never had the experience of actually flying into these airfields as either a pilot (was PPL) or pax, except for both Jacksons and Kokoda. So now I will be able to simulate that experience in my final years more than 40 years later. Thank you so much gents and my PayPal awaits.

Thank you sir, we would be most honored to hear your feedback on this, its not often you stumble across the people who actually made the airstrips!

In the "Give them a finger and they'll eat up your arm" Dept, my idea of a nice surprise would be to have Honiara and some strips westward to Munda dressed up (the slot :)  !). Looking very much forward to Jacksons in the meantime.

... and don't forget that Graham didn't make Mount Hagen ;)

This is amazing news!

Going to get this great package as soon as it is available for sure!

... and 78 posts within one day and an - overall - most positive content regarding this announcement, makes it quite clear that obviously lots of flightsimmers (including myself) eagerly await exploring PNG!

Thank You very much Tim and Ken for this great upcomming scenery!

Wow, this looks great!

So to confirm, this isn't a "full" region, no? (in the way that say, England, is)

Away from "hand placed" areas in PNG this will be FTX Global that we see, but with enhanced airports and new textures etc?

Many thanks!

Wow, this looks great!

So to confirm, this isn't a "full" region, no? (in the way that say, England, is)

Away from "hand placed" areas in PNG this will be FTX Global that we see, but with enhanced airports and new textures etc?

Many thanks!

Correct,

What you see in the previews is Jacksons INTL & bush strip package + PNG Holgermesh (freeware) + FTXGlobal basepack

In P3DV2.

Cheers

Tim

Archived