Open LC EU - From Munich to Innsbruck

Tha.......Tha.....that's Munich? I understand, that this are previews and am glad to see them, but this is not how Munich looks like especially in the city center. I hope it'll change, otherwise I will have to use VFR Germany.....which I hoped to replace with this product.

By the way, is it necessary to install FTX Global after all other add on airports?

Kind regards.

What the hell is this??? Wow, wow, wow.

I´m flashed to see what you can make with our great Country and I think there was no better Germany up to date.

Great News and thanks for posting.

Tha.......Tha.....that's Munich? I understand, that this are previews and am glad to see them, but this is not how Munich looks like especially in the city center. I hope it'll change, otherwise I will have to use VFR Germany.....which I hoped to replace with this product.

If you keen on exact placements then you will never be able to replace photorealistic scenery (VFR Germany) with landclass scenery (OpenLC).

OpenLC is layed-out on a 1km x 1km grid.

I think OpenLC doesn nothing to POIs like the Allianz Arena. This model is supposedly part of default FSX/Prepar3d and just imbedded into OpenLC.

Kind regards, Michael

I think OpenLC doesn nothing to POIs like the Allianz Arena. This model is supposedly part of default FSX/Prepar3d and just imbedded into OpenLC.

I was assuming that the Allianz Arena opened after FSX was released in 2006. It turns out that the Allianz Arena was opened in 2005. Sorry, my fault.

Nice work, but I'm not such a fan of the way the beautiful Allianz Arena is modeled:

allianz-arena-in-muenchen.jpg

Looks alriiiight I suppose.. I wonder is they could peopleflow their diving team? I hear they're pretty good :-D

The default P3D v2.2.1 scenery looks more realistic. This should be improved in OpenLC EU

It's a matter of taste...for me the P3D default scenery is terribly crappy and unrealistic, except for the parking lot of course ^-^  ^-^

Well, the "Allianz Arena" is not located in the forest! It's an urban area surrounded by motorways and a huge parking area.

This arial foto may show it clear.

http://www.m-luftbild.de/luftbild/allianz-arena-113.html

The default P3D v2.2.1 scenery looks more realistic. This should be improved in OpenLC EU

Spirit

I have just passed the stadium yesterday once again on my back home to Innsbruck from Munich airport, so I'm also familiar with the area in real life. If you compare the screenie of the stadium in the OP with the photo of the real world photo in post #8 I would say they OLC EU comes very close to reality. In any case much closer than the original P3D shot you have posted. The real world photo you have linked is way too much zoomed in for allowing any serious comparison.

Edit: my home town Innsbruck just looks perfect as seen in the last screenshot from the South over the Europa-Bridge. The Nordkette Mountains in the back drop look like in reality and all the villages south of Innsbruck are on the correct spots. Also there are fields, meadows and forests where they should be.

Again, great shots, but with respect to the third picture, this is NOT what european inner cities look like. The default FSX autogen was much closer to reality... :wacko:

But everything else looks pretty much fantastic. Looking forward!

I agree Streichholz! :D (Perhaps the 1st shot is simply a slightly earlier W.I.P. shot prior to final beta completion of the specific area but just look at those final shots from Eugene...Wow, eh?).

Those comparison shots with the real world that Eugene has posted are incredible and so similar to the real world image he supplies! I must agree with him on this.

Wow again!

I have so much respect for you and the team you work with in this FTX Global project Eugene! What you guys are doing will make so much difference by the looks of things. Such jaw-dropping talent and seriously difficult work is so abundantly evident from all the work displayed in previews of Open LC EU so far...It really seems to have become a labour of love and all I can say is Wow! You are literally changing the world and I hope you take some real and seriously well-deserved pride when thousands and thousands of virtual pilots will fly and marvel at the most realistic world ever that you are creating for us! Everywhere seems to look so unique...so real and landclassed as is in the real world...the new local textures and autogen is so transformative that it just takes the simulator to an entirely different level. There aren't enough superlatives to describe the work that is being done and shown to us in Open LC v 1! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the detail! We certainly sit up and notice! :D

Keep up the fantastic and truly exemplary work guys! Orbx Open LC will 'kick ass'! Sorry about that, but I really believe it will! What a project! What a giant and magnificent piece of art to have the entire Planet Earth made to look so much closer to the reality! every new screenshot seems to prove it over and over again. Keep 'em coming! Most of us are surely loving them!

With this project you will have done something never done before and it will be so unique...With this level of beautiful, interesting, exciting and realistic local detail...no flight simmer will want to fly in any other virtual world! :D Magnificent!

Kind regards,

Sid

Joschy66...Its not quite finished yet...there are still some few things such as that you address still being worked on in Beta...the guys are simply being kind enough to show us Work In Progress shots for our pleasure to see how Europe is coming along! And, as you see and say yourself about the other shots in general, it is coming along splendidly! ::) I'm sure they have resources to see what some of Europe's cities look like closer to the centre...It'll be all good on release! We just need to give them time and space to keep working and in the mean time, appreciate that they keep us entertained and happy to see tastes of what is to come. Its always a process...not a finite event. Hope I haven't come across offensive or rude at all...that's never my intention (only ever to say how things really are at any one time, as you may have missed JV's earlier post saying that these are WIP shots for our benefit, not the absolute exact final state of release). Hope that helps you not to worry so much...it'll be all good my friend! ::)

All the best to you!

Sid ::)

Thanks, Sid. I do agree, and I don't want to be rude, either.

I just want a perfect addon to be even more perfect. ::)

I received an e-mail by John Venema a copule of weeks ago on the issue, and he told me, they're working on the cities. So let's keep our fingers crossed and in the meantime enjoy those screenshots coming in, right?

@Joschy66:

Absolutely mate ::) You're right, its great to sit back and watch the show as these shots keep flowing in and teasing us. And, yes of course, I do totally understand how you feel about wanting this to be as great a product as it can be my friend. I feel the same way...I'm sure we all do! What I find great from these shots is that though they're not quite the final release product, they're so encouraging that if you imagine the cities as you'd like them, Open LC isn't half bad at all, eh? (Just a small understatement there ;))Yes, we'll keep our fingers crossed together but the good thing is at least its not necessary to keep them very tightly crossed at all as Orbx is well on the way to delivering just the kind of product we all want with just the very same grass roots ethos, spirit and reason it first came into the being for...Because it felt that what there was could be a whole lot better! ::) And we're going to be pretty happy that it is! :D There's a lot of feel good factor from the shots from Iain and the gang in general isn't there?!

@mdeisenr:

Hey ::)! Yes my friend, I do totally agree that alongside giving reassuring and 'thumbs up' praise where things are done really well its just as important and potentially useful to sometimes give constructive feedback to an extent too, to potentially help the team fine tune or adjust or further improve things from the outside/objective viewpoint/s of the community. I only mean to say that once something's been pointed out, highlighted and noted, we shouldn't need to repeat it too many times but instead just move on and get back to discussing other points or simply enjoying the next shots or giving praise to signal to the team what we really like and think they're doing well...as it's just as important for the team to be given signals so that they know of all the things we really do like (so they know they're doing well on all those fronts and making us happy) as well as pointing out the odd feature we may feel could perhaps do with some slight alteration or improvement. Just to say really that once something's been acknowledged, taken on board and even explained to us, then all we need is to be grateful and move on and there's no benefit in repeating it, is there?!. I'm not saying its not important to say anything at all. I do. But, once it's already been noted? I don't think that's necessary or useful then. That's all I'm trying to say really. Again, just explaining my reasoning for my comments if that wasn't clear...Really not trying to be rude at all. I hope you understand and know that! By the way, I noticed you're from Frankfurt...Did you vote on Flightbeam's recent poll? I voted for EDDF myself. Really hope it happens...would look so great with the Frankfurt of Orbx's Open LC Europe, wouldn't it? The two companies work their sceneries very well together  :D

All the best,

Sid :)

[...]

By the way, I noticed you're from Frankfurt...Did you vote on Flightbeam's recent poll? I voted for EDDF myself. Really hope it happens...would look so great with the Frankfurt of Orbx's Open LC Europe, wouldn't it? The two companies work their sceneries very well together  :D

All the best,

Sid :)

That would be magnificent, marvellous.. simply stunning. The only hard choise for us would be "do i fly from EDDF - EGPB or from EGPB-EDDF?"  :ph34r:

:lol: Yep! Now that'd be a nice flight over Open LC EU.

I'm loving Sumburgh! I guess it'll just depend on whether we'd prefer an easier or slightly more challenging landing on any given day... :smile:. Can't think of how else I'd be able to decide?!

and potentially useful to sometimes give constructive feedback to an extent too

potentially useful....sometimes....to an extent.... constructive....no offense, but it sounds more as if you're just running around the bush and don't like any feedback at all.

John,

with all respect to your team work, you could just treat to inner cities buildings problem which is pointed out by many people here. How you see it. Are you considering some texture or autogen rework for example?

FSX/PD3 contains very good poly buildings autogen option and with your team skills in creating textures and 3d objects as autogen, you could achieve outstanding effect.

Another type of buildings I would like to know about are blocks and tower blocks. They are  very, very popular structure in whole eastern Europe in every city. Are you planning to put such a type into openLC?

Regards.

That exactly what we are doing, creating further landclass textures and autogen. Whilst feedback we're getting from customers is most valuable our internal team team testing came to the same conclusions some time ago and we're already in the process of enhancing those cities.

At the risk of repeating myself, what you are seeing are pre-beta screenshots purely because customers have been asking for more previews.

By the way, folks, when I fly over my home city of Seattle, which is actually inside an FTX full-fat region, I do not see and recognize every street downtown. It is not a photograph, and is

not intended to be that. But still for land-class based scenery, it is very good, even excellent.

By the way, folks, when I fly over my home city of Seattle, which is actually inside an FTX full-fat region, I do not see and recognize every street downtown. It is not a photograph, and is

not intended to be that. But still for land-class based scenery, it is very good, even excellent.

+1

That exactly what we are doing, creating further landclass textures and autogen. Whilst feedback we're getting from customers is most valuable our internal team team testing came to the same conclusions some time ago and we're already in the process of enhancing those cities.

At the risk of repeating myself, what you are seeing are pre-beta screenshots purely because customers have been asking for more previews.

Great news for me. I keep my figners crossed.

You are absolutely right. Landclass will never be as accurate as photoscenery. But we were talking about main structure of most cities in Europe. It's not about drawing net of streets exactly. It's about:

If in Poland all cities above 50 000 look like: 90% tenement houses in the center, 80% blocks and tower blocks in subdivisions and 70% 1-floor houses/30% industrial zone in outer region,

I would like to see such a buildings and similar proportions.

+++1

The default P3D V2.2.1 scenery is totaly unrealistic what you see about the Allianz Arena. I am passing this area two times a day

Best regards/schöne Grüße

Werner

I think on the whole most customers understand the nature of previews and the fact it isnt final. And if customers provide constructive feedback, and its practically implementable as an enhancement, the end product is all the better for it. The question is one of whats constructive feedback and also whats practicable given scheduling and cost constraints to implement before the release date. Like all software houses Orbx will ignore some feedback, will listen to some and not implement it, and decide to listen to others and implement enhancements. Thats their choice as a business. On the whole I've found Orbx to make consistently good decisions and good products but I have disagreed with their decisions on some matters, chiefly two that I recall. Thats a small number compared to the agree side of the equation.

If it comes down to the colour of roofs, well I applaud Orbx for providing the fidelity and setting the standard that the critics are now using the colour of roofs as hurt points, thats just awesome if you are objectively looking at this with open eyes

Archived