OpenLC EU - eight from Germany

Some shots from Germany (showing places with which I have a special relationship):

Teufelsmoor north to Bremen:
wE8D.jpg

Göttingen (Lower Saxony):
Yi5t.jpg

Lübbecke and Nettelstedt (Westfalia):
59orb.jpg

Herrsching and the Ammersee (Bavaria):
a79sR.jpg

Spreewald near Berlin:
2YVno.jpg

Lindau (to the left) and Bregenz (Austria, to the right) at the Bodensee:
QDnWb.jpg

Velgast (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern):
KlxQB.jpg

View of Garmisch-Partenkirchen from the Eibsee (Zugspitze):
PXUTa.jpg

Very, very well done!

Frank:

If you could show us a shot (or two) from the region around Frankfurt (the Taunus montains, Wetterau, Rheintal, Odenwald, etc.) I could confirm if it looks right 8)

Great shots, I'm really waiting for the release :)

Great choice of placed for the pictures.

After the first two shots I thought I was being stalked... I'm born in Göttingen, I lived near Osterholz-Scharmbeck for 6 years, we lived near lake Konstanz and a year in Schwerin. OpenLC really captures the feel of these locations.

OpenLC really captures the feel of these locations

You found the right worlds ! IMHO that's exactly what Open LC should do and probably will do.

This will allow each of us to discover some new places knowing that they look as they should.

Great shots , at last a fantastic setup for Germany .

FANTASTIC !

Could you post a shot of ,

1. Heidelberg looking along the Nekar.

2. Arnsberg , Westfalia.

Cheers

Karol

Frank these shots of course look great. I appreciate the preview, thanks for sharing.

Also it gives me some good ideas for flights in your home country. I will do a bit more looking around over there.

Hi Frank,

could you post a few shots of Hamburg, especially the harbor area?

Thanks

+1 here.

I need to take a flight of Hamburg to see how the vector improvements look there.

Simply awesome.

If you could, if you do more preview shots, could we maybe get some around:

Kaiserslautern and Landstuhl? I spent 4 years over there at the AFB in Ramstein and I would love to see what FTX has done, as I consider that one of the most beautiful places in Germany. Thanks for the shots!

Lokk great

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that these are from FSX DX10 + Scenery Fixer 2.2 + FTX Global 1.2 + FTX Vector 1.15 + FSG2010 FTX.

Look really great your shots. Regarding the scenery around Herrsching, I hope you modelled Andechs! ;)

Is ja der Hammer!! :)

So I guess my OpenVFR scenery will lose its job very soon :-p

BTW, if you are making another batch of screenshots from Germany, would it be possible to take 1 or 2 from the Saarland area?? ...something aournd EDDR or EDRJ?

That would be very great.

Thanks again for your comments on these preview shots, they're very appreciated. There will be more shots to follow soon (your requests have been noted ... :))

... After the first two shots I thought I was being stalked... I'm born in Göttingen, I lived near Osterholz-Scharmbeck for 6 years, ---

Wo in OHZ? Ich zuletzt gegenüber der Mühle (von Rönn). In GÖ: Roringen (das Bild zeigt vorn denn auch den Blick auf die B27 und die Herzberger Landstraße - das Bratental liegt unterm Flieger).

This looks awesome. Looking forward for more pictures of italy, spain and canary islands. :) Germany looks great btw. Just waiting for the hot and dry impressions of the mediterranean parts.

Europa wird großartig. Der Übergang vom grünen Deutschland in das trockene Griechenland oder Spanien im Sommer sieht bestimmt verdammt gut aus. Freu mcih schon auf diverse Ferienflüge. :)

Thanks again for your comments on these preview shots, they're very appreciated. There will be more shots to follow soon (your requests have been noted ... :))

Wo in OHZ? Ich zuletzt gegenüber der Mühle (von Rönn). In GÖ: Roringen (das Bild zeigt vorn denn auch den Blick auf die B27 und die Herzberger Landstraße - das Bratental liegt unterm Flieger).

In Göttingen im Frieseweg, das ist im Westen, vor dem Wald, etwas Südlich von den Schillerwiesen, bei den Hochhäusern. In OHZ war etwas außerhalb, in Hambergen :)

Wenn ich mir noch was wünschen darf, dann hätte ich gerne entweder ein Bild von Koblenz, oder von Erftstadt ;)

Germany is so very beautiful , I only hope that they do not put in to many of those

ugly turbines in the scenery.

I was glad when I was driving in countryside that did not have them .

Cheers

Karol

Great screenshots - escpecially from my Hometown Lübbecke with the "Große Torfmoor" and the village Nettelstedt in the background! But somehow Gehlenbeck and Blasheim are missing on the shot...

Great screenshots - escpecially from my Hometown Lübbecke with the "Große Torfmoor" and the village Nettelstedt in the background! But somehow Gehlenbeck and Blasheim are missing on the shot...

Remember that OpenLC uses the 1x1km grid technique. I made a short check in google earth and found that Blasheim extends barely a kilometer in length, which is probably why it doesn't show up. The resolution of the data used is to coarse.

nice work for OpenLC Europa..! I can´t wait..!

Request with...scenery? FTX Vector??

regard

sebastian

Sebastian, those are POI. That's something you'll only find in full-fat ftx regions.

Archived