VECTOR 1.20 - New Preview Screenshots

Hi everyone!

The progress for version 1.20 is pretty good so far and before I focus on Canada (since the US is pretty much completed), I wanted to share a few screenshots that show the improvements version 1.20 will bring! More info can be found on the announcement thread (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74992-vector-v120-change-log-in-development/). Stay tuned for more screenshots from the US and Canada!

Arkansas (Little Rock is in the center of this picture):

gW3Pm.jpg

x74iW.jpg

Montana

VNlR6.jpg

Bs6aR.jpg

Louisiana

pSHEN.jpg

kTYrc.jpg

Florida (South Coast)

gnRUD.jpg

qK4te.jpg

9Zjvw.jpg

uPIQW.jpg

Going back to vector data compilation now :)

Bernd

Hi everyone!

The progress for version 1.20 is pretty good so far and before I focus on Canada (since the US is pretty much completed), I wanted to share a few screenshots that show the improvements version 1.20 will bring! More info can be found on the announcement thread (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74992-vector-v120-change-log-in-development/). Stay tuned for more screenshots from the US and Canada!

Arkansas (Little Rock is in the center of this picture):

arkansas2.jpg

Going back to vector data compilation now :)

Bernd

Bernd: What kind of strange hosting page (for your pictures) is that? With shady men on the page? Not very correct, isn't it?

It is also very unconvincing to handle! I have to click on every picture and close the window before opening the next picture!

Bernd: Please consider to use a different hosting page that is free of any doubtful advertisments and also offer a convinient handling to switch between the pictures!

The update itself seems to be very promissing!

Bernd: What kind of strange hosting page (for your pictures) is that? With shady men on the page? Not very correct, isn't it?

It is also very unconvincing to handle! I have to click on every picture and close the window before opening the next picture!

Bernd: Please consider to use a different hosting page that is free of any doubtful advertisments and also offer a convinient handling to switch between the pictures!

The update itself seems to be very promissing!

Hi!

Sorry, I didn't notice that (and never had shady men on the upload pages) - just googled for "free image host" and that's what came up. However, I have changed the host now and it's much better now :). Thanks for mentioning!

Bernd

Wow, Vector 1.1 is already pretty good, but this takes it to a whole new level.

Forgive me for going a bit off-topic, but I think some of the new streams and rivers could use new waterclasses. Will this come with OpenLC, or maybe should I get another addon?

Since it appears you're working north by latitude, Alaska will be included with northern Canada - like to see some of that.

No, my approach was a different one. Our source data for the US (incl Alaska) has a specific data format so I converted that first. Canada is a different data provider and I'm currently working on that. So I have Alaska already finished - which area do you want to have a screenshot of?

Bernd

Man I so want to go get Vector, and I know 1.15 fixed the airport elevation stuff, but this makes me want to wait so I have the most accurate detail to fly over outside of the ORBX regions.  Maybe I should just go for it now though since it's already a huge improvement over stock.  Either way, can't wait for 1.2, this looks great.

No, my approach was a different one. Our source data for the US (incl Alaska) has a specific data format so I converted that first. Canada is a different data provider and I'm currently working on that. So I have Alaska already finished - which area do you want to have a screenshot of?

Bernd

How about 63N betweeen 154W and 156W.  Flew that area for many years.

@Bernd: Ich bin von den Verbesserungen der V1.2 begeistert! Momentan nutze ich wegen der Detailgenauigkeit  (noch) UTX aber ich glaube Vector 1.2 wird definitiv die neue Referenz 8) Könntest Du vielleicht aus der Gegend südlich von München (rund um Bad Tölz) ein Bild machen? Das wäre super!

When Vector 2.0 comes out, I may finally ditch UTX all together. Question for dev or anyone - Do the roads that Vector puts in the sim have the FTXG lights? And can you specify if all roads or just major urban roads get them?

When Vector 2.0 comes out, I may finally ditch UTX all together. Question for dev or anyone - Do the roads that Vector puts in the sim have the FTXG lights? And can you specify if all roads or just major urban roads get them?

Yes, VECTOR roads do have lights (however, only in urban areas, roads in the middle of nowhere are mostly dark - this is by design!).

Bernd

• 1 month later...

Hey gang, is Vector 1.2 still a work in progress?  Any idea if it's coming out soon?  Also....

When Vector 2.0 comes out, I may finally ditch UTX all together.

...does B77LR just mean Vector 1.2, or is there another version (2.0) on its way?  Thanks.

Hey gang, is Vector 1.2 still a work in progress?  Any idea if it's coming out soon?  Also....

...does B77LR just mean Vector 1.2, or is there another version (2.0) on its way?  Thanks.

I meant version 1.2.

Thats what im talking about....care to share some shots of Greece? or Toronto? ::)

Also, there is a known glitch in p3dv2.2 with extrusion bridges at high altitudes in 1.15...will there be a fix?

It's not a vector problem. Lockheed Martin need to fix it. Happens with default too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Sorry for not posting updates for a few weeks! I will post new screenshots in the next few days.

Progress is - as John said: US is finished, I'm finishing the last bits of Canada and we fix a lot of reported issues (i.e. Rhone) which will post in the change log later on. Release target is end of August, but we will do extensive testing and because it's a large area it might be the case that we release in mid-September. Anyway, it's worth the wait, a lot detail added and you will see this on the upcoming screenshots once my current compilation has finished (as I said; tomorrow or the day after tomorrow).

Bernd

Archived