Deleting unwated aircraft

Johncc

You can simply remove the Aircraft folder from the Simobjects list to a backup folder OUTSIDE FSX and your done,, but his can in some instances have a flow on effect to other craft. so what you can do then is rename the Aircraft.cfg so that FSX cannot read it.  Now if you want to remove a specific Aircraft from several then you REM out the lines associated with the Aircraft you want to remove. This gets around shared files you need for other things.

You can change the name of the Panel file BUT this STILL reads and catalogues the Aircraft , it just won't display them. So there will be no advantage in doing so.

Hi John,

To speed up the aircraft choice process, I rename the panel to panelold in any aircraft I don't want in the selection window but it remains in the simobjects list. Might this help?

good flights, Cal

Hi John,

To speed up the aircraft choice process, I rename the panel to panelold in any aircraft I don't want in the selection window but it remains in the simobjects list. Might this help?

good flights, Cal

And I believe that doing it this way allows FSX to still use the aeroplane as AI traffic and for static display at airports.

Archived