HELP! Australian airports not looking good and FPS is very low.

bandyair

Hello Everyone,

I am having a biggie here. In Australia my airports are not behaving well. Mostly the runways and ground texture in ORBX Melbourne and Brisbane for example are very blurry. Biggest issue is Sydney airport is non existent its all over the place some building are there some are not surroundings are a big blur nothing more. Installed Sydney X and it does not even show. Just installed FTX Lilydale and it does not work at all its not there.

All this seems to have gone pear shaped after installing AU SP4 FTX but cannot be sure. I have installed global base, the whole of Australia, Melbourne, Brisbane. Also on these airports FPS is so low its unplayable often below 8 in the default Cessna. Other airports around the world are fine.

Any help is much appreciated as I really want to fly in AU.

Thanks in advance.

Try removing the photoreal scenery at Sydney and see if the "normal" airport reappears.

For Melbourne and Brisbane there are several choices for runway textures in the respective control panels. Try them all to see which ones deliver the best compromise between performance and appearance.

Cheers

Mallard

I guess you mean Launceston in Tasmania as the free one?

Anyway - the usual questions - did you run the latest libraries after installing AU SP4 and the airports? And since you mention Global - you are running the "Oceania" setting when flying in Oz?

Melbourne and Brisbane are both very taxing airports - try lowering your scenery settings a bit by deactivating the different choices in the control panels - or start off with everything deactivated and then crank them up bit by bit. Even with my rig I can't run the two with everything maxed out :)

Cheers

Mallard

OK figured Sydney out the Scenery I was using was not Dirext X10 compatible so a few re installs and un-ticking DX10 resolved that issue. However I am still not sure why runways in MEL and BRIS look blurry and why performance is much lower than in similarly detailed regions in Europe?

I guess you mean Launceston in Tasmania as the free one?

Anyway - the usual questions - did you run the latest libraries after installing AU SP4 and the airports? And since you mention Global - you are running the "Oceania" setting when flying in Oz?

Melbourne and Brisbane are both very taxing airports - try lowering your scenery settings a bit by deactivating the different choices in the control panels - or start off with everything deactivated and then crank them up bit by bit. Even with my rig I can't run the two with everything maxed out :)

Cheers

Mallard

No, Its LilyDale or something near Melbourne anyway my CPU should be faster than yours and yes will try to turn everything off and see how it goes:)

Figured all out. Re installed MEL that fixed the control panel, unticked options and FPS is now better however still not satisfied Just tested FlyTampa Dubai at night and getting 2-3 x the fps under same conditions and much much better looking scenery and airport. Conclusion is that AUS airports are simply not well optimized and are ageing now needing a major overhaul. Will rather fly Europe as it's much more enjoyable. Sorry guys and thanks for trying to help. I have another issue with Global vector I will post another question.

Archived