ImaginSim VABB, VAJJ, WSSS and VHHH missing

a340500

Hi There,

Thanks for the 1.15 update. I love the Auto-configuration tool.

Unfortunately I cannot find the above ImaginSim addons in the tool 

With Vector 1.1, I was able to find all 4 and could disable VABB as that was the only airport with elevation issues.

I did notice that ImagineSim's VIDP is visible in the tool and was disabled via the auto-config tool correctly.

Actions taken :

1. Flushed scenery via FTX Central.

2. Within FSX Scenery library, removed VABB and VAJJ,

3. Closed FSX and restarted

4. Added the areas again.

5. Closed and restarted FSX again for the scenery to be rebuilt.

6. Ran AEC Config tool and ran the auto-config option.

None of the above worked although i have verified that the areas are working and installed in FSX (As I can see them in all their glory when I load the airports in FSX)

Please help as I am quite puzzled. How do I manually import VABB into the AEC tool so i can disable the airport.

Cheers.

In short, I have the same elevation issues @ ImagineSim VABB which was easily resolved by excluding the airport in AEC Tool of Vector 1.10.

With the 1.15 version I cannot even see VABB in the AEC tool (as this is an addon which I believe is as per 1.15 design) but the airport has sunk below the rest of the Mumbai which is my problem. 

How do I fix this?

Cheers.

Hi Marco,

The only airport with elevation issues so far after the 1.15 update is VABB. Please see pic below.

This happened in Vector 1.0 and 1.10. After excluding it using AEC Tool in 1.10 resulted in perfect elevations.

Now, the airport elevation is sunk just like Vector 1.0 and 1.10 although Vector 1.15 has logically excluded it if you get what I mean.

Hence am really puzzled here as to how to fix it.

All other addons are excluded so far as per design are are perfectly aligned which is great!

Bernd (Pilot's) or Orbx please help..

Cheers

o6AIs.jpg

One question to this - why are there files in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT affecting the terrain for specific airports in FSX obviously introduced by Vector but they can't be excluded by the AEC Tool? Or maybe the more correct question - why can't they be excluded by the Tool? No real difference to 1.10 in regards to manual work...

Thanks and cheers!

Michael

One question to this - why are there files in \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT affecting the terrain for specific airports in FSX obviously introduced by Vector but they can't be excluded by the AEC Tool? Or maybe the more correct question - why can't they be excluded by the Tool? No real difference to 1.10 in regards to manual work...

Thanks and cheers!

Michael

This shouldn't be the case and I didn't see this issue for other airports - it might be a specific problem for this airport and / or add-on.

Bernd

I have a similar problem:

shanghaisfxu7.jpg

obviously, the FTX Vector roads are not matching my Ray Smith update of Shanghai Pudong here. However, deactivating ABP_ZSPD.bgl does not help at all, it makes it even worse with suddenly drawing full city layout within the airport boundaries. I think that the problem here is that some freeware airport addons are simply added to the addon scenery folder within FSX (all Ray Smith airports work like that). Could that be the problem? Is FTX Vector in the hierarchy above the addon scenery folder of FSX? Thanks for any help

Chris

I also have the elevation problem with VABB Mumbai by Imaginesim. Could you please fix the Configuration tool, so that it recognizes and disables VABB!

Besides that, why isn't there any option to globally disable all the AEC corrections with one click? That would solve all of the elevations problems immediately...

You can! Use SHIFT / CTRL + Mouseclick in VECTOR configurator to select all enabled ICAO codes, disable them and save a profile for future use :).

Bernd

Ok thank you, that's some good news! :)

Edit: One question though: Why does the elevation problem at VABB remain, even if I disable all airports via the configurator?

@ Der Flieger, please go to the folder - YourDrive:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT

and rename the file ABP_VABB.bgl to ABP_VABB.inactive

I had no choice but to do the above after which the elevation issue was resolved.

@ Der Flieger, please go to the folder - YourDrive:\..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT

and rename the file ABP_VABB.bgl to ABP_VABB.inactive

I had no choice but to do the above after which the elevation issue was resolved.

Thanks for the tip, I am going to do that.

Still I am a bit confused why the configurator doesn't solve the problem, even if I disable all the AEC files. This clearly shows that FTX Vector still messes with the elevations even if all the AECs are disabled through the configurator... :(

Did you read my post? I already mentioned that deactivating this .bgl according to your post #10 does not help at all. Well, then I have to raise an individual support case...

Hello!

Ref: Pudong

Vector (if installation went ok) is placed below the AddOn scenery layer. You can check that yourself in the FS scenery library.

The problem here seems to be, that your add-on does not exclude (vector) scenery below. This actually should be a standard. I can not build on land I do not own. So every add-on airport should currently have/come with: a micromesh, an airport polygon and of course an exclude of all other possible scenery below. Once these three requirements have been fullfilled, I can start building the airport, because then I own the ground.

You can create an exclude yourself using ADE. Or you need to contact the designer. Vector can not do anything here.

The Pudong Airport is done by Ray Smith in 2009 while Vector is written in 2013 and updated presently, that is why the roads are not in the right locations. It is understandable. Moreover,  I have no problem on the new Pudong Airport sold presently in the sim market.

Be fair, it is hard for a global project like vector to suit every new and old airports written at different time. FSX is a simple program but when more programs are added and worked with it, this will become more complicated and more problems will come out. It is not a easy task to make it prefect.  

Nevertheless, FS Global and Vector have provided a new horizon and better scenery for the simmers in running FSX. Finally, I appreciate the job well done by Orbx and Pilot's staff. 

Would it be possible to add an option to the Configuration tool, which allows the user to manually deactivate ABPs, like the one for VABB via the Configurator rather than doing it manually by hand?

Any comment from the developers? :)

Just have found out that the ABPs also make some trouble with FSIA by Aerosoft, so I had to deactivate that one manually as well by renaming the file to .off. Could you please look into this, as it seems that the ABP files also intervene with some other payware airports, not just VABB. At least an easier way to deactivate them, than just renaming them manually would be appreciated.

Edit: My fault, looks like I haven't run the auto-configurator properly. After rerunning it all worked fine. Still, a option to deactivate ABPs via the configurator would be appreciated.

Archived