-= April 2014 Product Roadmap =-

John Venema

Hello everyone.

There's been a few calls for an updated roadmap so here it is. What I can share is most of what is in production or planned, but please as always - these are indicative timeframes onlyPlease do not post on the forums quoting this roadmap asking for release updates.

By now most of you will be familiar with Orbx's method of announcing releases:

1. Rarely, myself or one of the team will do "sneak preview" shots, often when products are still in alpha
2. Once a project is in beta, we then begin to show preview screenshots
3. Once Iain Emms gets hold of the late beta, he will give clues as to how close it is
4. When Emmsie posts "my last shots" you know we're a few days from release (note this does not always happen depending on timezones)

So use those cues above to get an idea of when something is imminent, not this roadmap. That being said, let's share what we have happening:

April
CYSE Squamish (for PNW) - Gordon Madison

openLC EU  Version 1.0 (we are aiming for April but it may slip to May)

May

EGPB Sumburgh (for SCO) - 29Palms

EGCW Welshpool (for ENG) - Heiko/Andreas

KMRY Monterey Regional Airport (for NCA) - Jarrad

June

ENNK Narvik (for FTXG/NOR) - Tore Stranden

July

KHAF Half Moon Bay (for NCA) - Scott Armstrong

August

PAHO Homer (for SAK)- Alex Goff

KTVL Lake Tahoe (for NCA) - Misha Cajic

FTX Global OpenLC North America

NOR FTX EU Norway - Orbx Team

KSQL San Carlos - Ed Correia
NZAA Auckland - (Dev to be assigned)
LFMA Aix les Milles for FTXG - Cedric Bogros
openLC Asia

FTX Global V1.x updates
FTX Global Vector continual updates
One payware airport release per month for both regions and FTXG (average)

openLC Africa & Middle East
openLC South America
openLC Asia Major incuding Russia
openLC Oceania
FTX Global V1.x updates
FTX Global Vector continual updates

YMML V3 with new ground poly, tower and P3D2.2 enhancements

Next FTX West Coast and Alaska Regions from Holger and team
Next FTX EU Region(s) from Orbx team
One payware airport release per month for both regions and FTXG (average)

.. and many more projects not yet ready to announce, including much more freeware releases too.

NOTE: I will update this pinned topic frequently as our plans flesh out over the coming months. Also note our long-term NCA airports roadmap is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74407-nca-airports-roadmap/

Some alpha shots (guess where?):

jko7.jpg

7qevV.jpg

eFOpA.jpg

Some more:

8bw4h.jpg

iw7j.jpg

And NCA SP1 Preview shots, mainly LC updates:

A90Mj.gif

NXSP.gif

GQUZd.gif

And another airfield:

post-1875-0-39803000-1387558304.jpg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NZAA was begun some time ago but the developer ran into health problems and passed his source files onto us. A lot of the photoreal has already been finished and some modelling was begun. We have local contacts at the airport for photos so it would be silly to pass this up.

I may pass this project onto Lars and Martin at 29Palms; I reckon a 29Palms NZAA would be a great product.

NZAA was begun some time ago but the developer ran into health problems and passed his source files onto us. A lot of the photoreal has already been finished and some modelling was begun. We have local contacts at the airport for photos so it would be silly to pass this up.

I may pass this project onto Lars and Martin at 29Palms; I reckon a 29Palms NZAA would be a great product.

Ahh, that's too bad. Hope he's okay now. Thanks for the info John!

Sounds good, please also take my money from P3DV2 updates for existing products :) As P3DV2.2 and on gains traction with more users it would be reasonable to assume the sales of your existing products will increase as those who want it for P3DV2 and dont have an old FSX version buy them.

Man, I love these roadmap threads. There is just so much awesome creative freaking genius in the works that it just does a body good to sit back and take it all in.

The thought of a 29 Palms NZAA warms my heart.

Really dying to find out what Gordon is going to get assigned next. And whatever became of Jim R after 65S? Is he doing any further projects?

+1

I was just going to ask the same question!

I was missing in the roadmap when the remaining EU regions (ENG,WLS; SCO) are going to be ready for P3D V2.2 and therefore all the airports I bought as well......I´m really missing Airports like Southampton etc....

I agree, but what about shots #4 and #5? They look like somewhere on the coast, I thought maybe Arcata or Humboldt Bay, but cannot place them.

My Google Earth skills say Sequim Valley and Sequim Lagoon west of Diamond Point, WA.

Hmmmm, it would appear that you have very good skills. I wonder what airfield is in the works there.

Most probably KW28 Sequim Valley Airport. It had been already hinted to ca. 2-3 years ago.

I cheated :D

Thank You very much JV for this informative roadmap!

And always a great joy to see some of these fantastic "before-after" screens!

Superb!

[...] I may pass this project onto Lars and Martin at 29Palms; I reckon a 29Palms NZAA would be a great product [...]

My CC is ORBX NZAA-purchase-ready at anytime!

Ahh, that's too bad. Hope he's okay now. Thanks for the info John!

I am also wishing him all the very, very best and sincerely hope he's doing fine!

Ah, shame. Nothing new for Austalia in the foreseeable future...

But great to see that Auckland has not been abandoned.

Cheers

Mallard

... i also have to admit:

An update for YMML as outlined in the first post here sounds super fantastic and is really most appreciated!

Thank You very much for it in advance ORBX!

And yet, i also think it is somehow sad that otherwise future releases and/or updates for Australia did not appear on the horizon - at least not for now.

Any news on the triple installer for the EU region ? A couple of great UK airports are coming up, but I can't buy anything more until I can use them in P3Dv2.2

Thanks for the update John, and I am also keen to know the plan for the P3D2 installers for EU regions and airports.

Regards

nullack, on 16 Apr 2014 - 04:29 AM, said:

Sounds good, please also take my money from P3DV2 updates for existing products :) As P3DV2.2 and on gains traction with more users it would be reasonable to assume the sales of your existing products will increase as those who want it for P3DV2 and dont have an old FSX version buy them.

Exactly. That's what I have been doing with a number of charming AUS airports and intend to do with some more ::) )

Regards, Michel

Guys there may well be a few surprise arrivals that pop up along the way.

Last year John announced Vernonia in one of these roadmap threads, but he said not a word about Sekiu. It was nearly completed by the time Misha unveiled the project with some preview shots. And others can correct me here, but Russ White hit us with PAGS almost out of nowhere also as I recall -- not long at all after finishing his project at PAEN.

So I would submit that it is unfair to expect this to continue to happen, but it should not surprise us to see a project or two appear on the horizon only as it nears completion (one that is not on the roadmap today).

OUTRAGE,

What type of plane do you have pictured? I looks very much like a military version I saw in a movie with Danny Glover, he flew trying to retrive a downed flyer in Viet Nam. I can't remember the name of the movie and can't find the plane?

Anyone know?

Thanks, Larry

Thanks for the glimpse into the future, but;

Cambridge (EGSC) has disappeared! :(

Mr. Venema does say one payware airport a month, so I would imagine that covers EGSC. I'm as keen to see that one as you are, Hobnobs.

OUTRAGE,

What type of plane do you have pictured? I looks very much like a military version I saw in a movie with Danny Glover, he flew trying to retrive a downed flyer in Viet Nam. I can't remember the name of the movie and can't find the plane?

Anyone know?

Thanks, Larry

The movie was Bat 21

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094712/

And the aircraft Glovers' character flew was the Cessna 337 Skymaster (well in the movie it was the O-2 Skymaster military version)

Carenado do a payware addon of the 337

http://secure.simmarket.com/carenado-c337h-skymaster-hd-series-fsx.phtml

Archived