FTX Global Lights Configurator.

Looks pretty Iain.......but I'm hopelessly colour blind and it all means nothing to me !!.. In fact it looks like

The colour blind tests that I routinely fail !!!

But being serious..another great tool to have isn't it( for those amongst us who are not colour blind)

Stu

To be honest . The colors are not enough contrast,i would like to see each colors more intense.It is maybe not the reality but that's what i would like to see.

This is only my personal opinion.

Thanks a lot lain.

Thanks for the preview!

I have two questions:

1. What does "Variation" really do? I this a variation of size or color?

2. Is the ratio between the numbers of streetlights with different colors adjustable? For example between blue and orange? Or can we achieve this by using different brightness settings?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Fritz

I don't see any orange street lights on the preview photos even though you picked them in the Settings.

I agree. I'd like to see more orange and less yellow.

lain,

Please post some pics with more of an "Orange" color coverage.

Thanks.

Hi,

thanks for the preview. It might be that Burbank is correctly rendered with these more yelllow lights, maybe also the majority are white lights, just telling this from night pictures I have looked for.

But if you see other cities, there really is orange or let me say like coppery lights. Think many agree. Would be great Iain if with the next shots you promised you can show such lights. :)

Best regards,

Axel

Seems like a very subjective thing. I just like the lights. Any lights.

But I've seen just as many ' more white / more yellow / more orange / less xxxx'

The tool will hopefully let those of you that have something specific in mind tweak until it is just right for you :)

Lets go full Neon for all lights and make them flashing strobes, then all we need to do is fly to a bit of Dire Straites and party the night away! lol

Seriously though, great tool which should please the masses (excluding the complainer of course....he isn't ever gonna be happy!!! :)

Guest Irontower

Problem of night lights are not the vector lights alone. Much of the color is produced by the night textures. Some weeks ago I was in Tirol (Austria) and was in an apartment at 3600ft. I could see over the whole Inntal and Innsbruck - Night light Live :)   My Handy was not able to capture this lights, so I took my Laptop, sitting on the balcony (-4°C), and began to work on the lights. But that didn't fit as I want. Now I look at tthe night textures and began to rework them. The screenshot shows the result. The colors fits to 90% to the reality I saw from the balcony.

regards Wilhelm

original texture

night2.jpg

reworked texture

<Removed>

Hello Wilhelm,

You are not permitted to edit or modify any Orbx files as per the EULA, so please refrain from posting any further screenshots of the modified files. If we find you have shared them with anyone we will cancel your forum account and take legal action.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived