Best Orbx region for my A2A Cessna

Mephic

Hello

Just as topic states - I am a bit bored flying Cessna over great but not that complex ftx global, mesh and vector pack.

I'd like to see some terrain diversity, crisp details, beautiful graphics - from what I have seen Australia SP4 covers whole AU and looks like a nice place to park my Cessna.

I come from EU so it is also a bit exotic place to me.

Can it be recommended over PNW, Northern Cal etc? Or is it just different but same top quality?

I am really on the verge of pressing buy. I will fly low and slow and sometimes do a short hops in my NGX or AXE. Anyway this is for Vfr or VOR to VOR flying mostly.

AU is great, has lots of freeware airports from Ozx plus the payware airports from Orbx. The downside is places tend to be quite far apart for a Cessna. The UK are really well done regions, are much more compact, have great Orbx and UK2000 airports, but no truly spectacular or exotic landscapes. PNW, which I don't own yet myself, is supposed to be really pretty and has lots of Orbx airports available that are pretty close together. I do have NCA, and it's fantastic but no airport releases yet but likely lots in the future. Take your pick! :)

Orbx has improved its techniques a great deal over the years, from AU to PNW etc. to Norcal. The last one (California) has raised the bar in terms of texturing fidelity. It also has very diversified landscapes, much more than PNW. You wont be disappointed.

Nice - thanks for responses! Actually I fly 1-2 hours flights in my 172 but a 3 hour one is also not a problem. Jets is one thing but I also have RealAir Duke V2.0 for medium hops there :)

I suppose that 2014 product will look better than 3yo one but it seems that the coverage of AU is the best price wise and looks like a good place to start with more complex sceneries... Hey - truth is that in the end of the day I want to have them all anyway ;)

I'm pretty confident I will pass EU right now - need to rest in some other place ;)

Just a small note on AU: it doesn't have updated airports. In all other regions a lot of airports have planes parked, cars, machinery, shops, even people walking around or working on some airports. AU has none of that so the airports tend to look very basic/default and bare.

Imho NCA and PNW are the best regions. However, since you don't mind flying for 2 to 3 hours, AU can be interesting too. I currently like NCA most because my flights usually take some 30 to 45 minutes and in NCA I get to see a lot of different scenery within that time. On AU you indeed often need a few hours to see a change of the scenery.

I can only say that since owning NCA, I'm not disappointed! You get a lot of diversity. Not to mention the freeware San Francisco cityspace in the future - which is a testament of goodwill from ORBX. If they would only roll out an AI traffic update soon (I think it's in the works now, anyway) :)

SAK and NZ should also be considered. Just as good as NCA and PNW.

Really I fly a little bit in all of them. I love them all. For example, from time to time, I fly in all of the UK regions, for me they seem real. Plus I can hop over to the Euro continent from there in FTX Global hybrid mode and it still looks good. I think CRM and NRM need a few more payware airport offerings but I think those will come in time.

With PNW you have a lot of FTX payware airports released over the years which make great destinations for the C172. Also a bunch of freeware airports from OzX that are payware quality. PNW has also been updated with most of the features of newer regions.

NorCal being a completely new region currently lacks these developments, but the base product and upgraded airports are amazing on their own.

With PNW you have a lot of FTX payware airports released over the years which make great destinations for the C172. Also a bunch of freeware airports from OzX that are payware quality. PNW has also been updated with most of the features of newer regions.

NorCal being a completely new region currently lacks these developments, but the base product and upgraded airports are amazing on their own.

a lot of NCA airports are not your run of the mill bland airports anymore but with nice hangars, trees, Peopleflow and the like they have a life of their own.

Ok... Decided to start with Australia and freeware airports from Orbx. Does anyone know good payware or freeware airports which will let me land NGX or Axe too in Australia for some "domestic" flights? From what I saw freeware ORBX will fit my Cessna nice but I also want to find some others for my bigger planes

Ok... Decided to start with Australia and freeware airports from Orbx. Does anyone know good payware or freeware airports which will let me land NGX or Axe too in Australia for some "domestic" flights? From what I saw freeware ORBX will fit my Cessna nice but I also want to find some others for my bigger planes

Mephic. FTXAU has some great regional size Airports. Cairns (YBCS) in Far North Qld is one of the best. As is Coffs Harbour in NSW (YSCH - MSFS only IACO now YCFS). Other good choices are Canberra AU Capital (YSCBB) which is sublime with its Cityscape coverage. Port Macquarie (YPMQ), Armidale (YARM) both in NSW and Launceston (YMLT) in the island state of Tasmania. ORBX have done two large International Airports in Australia; Melbourne (YMML) in VIC and Brisbane (YBBN) in QLD. Also worth considering are Alice Spring (YBAS) in Northern Territory and a favourite of mine stuck on the Tropical north coast of Western Australia - Broome (YBME). There are many others but these are a good start and added with the excellent smaller Freeware Airports from both ORBX and OZx there is some great flying in this great land.

From Anton on my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing my first flight from ybln to ycun - THIS is a beautiful experience!!

Can't compare to other regions as this is my first one but comparing to global, mesh and vector it's much much better.

Hope to see OpenLC for Europe soon as there is no Region coverage there except for UK...

Amazing top quality product ORBX team :)

yes, regions are a definite notch above, and AU is spectacular.  if you are looking for your next region(s)  I would suggest PNW or NCA  more challenging terrain, beautiful landscapes, challenging weather, and tons of airfields, navaids and real world nav info available.  can't go wrong with NZ either

Well for now Australia is enough. 

My NGX with Virgin Australia paint looks great on YMLT.... and I just also bought Brisbane so I have a place to fly it to! :D It .......... looks ............. AMAZING!!!

I love ORBX touch to my sim. Guess I'm staying here for much longer. :) Hey...we gotta have a passion :) 

The A2A Cessna 172 sure is a great aircraft to explore ORBX scenery and just about all I fly these days.

So far I have all OrbX UK and Ireland, Australia and NZ and continuing building up my US regions and airports this year, so lots to explore low and slow ... good times 8)

The A2A Cessna 172 sure is a great aircraft to explore ORBX scenery and just about all I fly these days.

Hi,

The A2A Cessna is one of the best. I was flying in the UK for a while but then got REX4 re-installed my PNW scenery and now have Jefferson as my home base. The scenery around this area is outstanding.

2014_3_2_18_20_54_976.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Archived