New to Orbx - "blue" vs. "gold"?

SPowell42

Hi, I'm new to Orbx, and was hoping someone could help guide me along. I'm mostly interested in the US - particularly the midwest, but doesn't look like Orbx is doing that any time soon (too bad). Can someone help me understand what the difference is between "gold" products and "blue" products. For example, I see:

FTX: NA Blue USA/Canada Northern Rocky Mountains
FTX: NA Gold USA Central Rocky Mountains

Can someone tell me what the blue / gold signify?

Thanks!

Scott

I don't know for sure, but I don't think there is any function or detail difference or anything like that.

I think it is just the way ORBX colour code their regions to make it clearer for people buying (though I don't find it clearer.

If you look at the coverage map on their website you will see the colours on the map.

http://www.fullterrain.com/locations.html#nanorthwest

Australia has similar red, blue gold and green which are all different parts of the country.

Yep... It's all just a way of differentiating the regions... The colour has no bearing at all on the quality of the product ;) (All region packs are made to the same standards, though as New tech is developed, newer regions tend to have an edge until the older ones are updated to match... Like Australia recently got a huge upgrade to include the new lighting tech)...

Archived