FTX Global Airport Pack -- CYBW Springbank

Ripcord

This appears to be a duplicate entry here, for those that have Northern Rockies FTX Region installed. We already have CYBW Calgary Springbank. Not sure if Neil intended for this to be included or not...

I guess we can just delete/remove this airport from our ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder?

Hi Ripcord,

Opp's, you're correct, I missed noticing that, an oversite on my part.

My FTXG airport should be of higher quality than the enhanced NRM one, so if the FTXG airports show up higher in your scenery folder change the .bgl to .off of the "FTX_NRM_objects_CYBW_PLC.bgl" file located in the "FTX_NA_NRM05_SCENERY/Scenery" folder.  That will remove the objects file for the NRM version.

Cheers, Neil

Hi sieggie, Ripcord, spud, et al

Yes, you are correct, it looks like you need to change the ADE_FTX_NRM_CYBW_Springbank.bgl and ADE_FTX_NRM_CYBW_Springbank_CVX.bgl to .off as well as FTX_NRM_objects_CYBW_PLC.bgl.  I assumed that a higher priority AFCAD overlays the lower one but evidently not in every aspect (taxisigns?).

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and sorry for any confusion.

Cheers, Neil

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

My problem is that CYBW is completely missing from anywhere in my ORBX NRM scenery folders. No files at all.. No idea if I once erased them when I first installed global free airports (a few years ago). But now the entire CYBW is a mess of wrong elevations, no buildings, etc. Should I reinstall NRM?

EDIT.... Shortly after posting the above, I moved the global freeware airports higher in the scenery library. Now I have the freeware CYWB showing. I will consider it handled

Archived