Vector screenshot of Outer Banks (OBX) NC

SPowell42

Hi, I've been using FSX with GEX/UTX for years now. Thinking about taking the dive in to Prepar3d v2. Prior to doing that, I was wondering if someone could post a screenshot or two of how the Outer Banks looks? It's by far my favorite place to fly, but without decent beaches I just can't get into it. If someone could post a screenshot or two, might help me to take the plunge.

Thanks!

Scott

Well, a friend sent me a few screenshots, and I have to say it's not looking good at all for the Outer Banks. I asked him to take off from KFFA (First Flight) and head south down the shore. The screenshots and notes he sent over shows:

1. Trees in the middle of the runway at KFFA

2. There is no shoreline - it's still a straight line with houses and roads going right to the edge

I was really hoping Vector would show the real coastline, including beaches, etc. But doesn't look like that's the case. Could someone do me a favor and do the same flight and let me know if you're seeing the same thing - maybe my friend messed up his install or something?? Tried to post photos but I have no way to host them.

Thanks,

Scott

• 2 weeks later...

It looks exactly as your friend described... I'm really disappointed since I just purchased Vector and Global yesterday and I grew up near the Outer Banks so I was expecting to see a nice beach shoreline and other features!! What exactly have I spent that money for?!

Archived