Misaligned ILS/Runways ORBX Liverpool.

Jannie

Hi All. I installed ORBX England. First flight from Heathrow to Southampton, great, no problems.(Pleasantly enthralled really ^-^)

Mounted a flight from Birmingham EGBB to Liverpool EGGP. (ILS landing runway 27). On arrival the plane lined up (and landed) approx. "25 Meters" to the RIGHT of the runway. 

I got the same results coming in from the other side, runway 9, but this time coming in some meters to the LEFT of the runway.

(Same thing happens at Hawarden EGNR)

However, repeating the above flights with FTX Central on "FSX default" the runways are perfectly in line. ???.  I repeated this exercise at least three times, and it is clear that there is a misalignment in ORBX.

(Installed updated FTX Central LIB, and Eng patches no's 1, 2 and 3).

Any ideas anybody?

Regards

Jan

Hi Jan,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and you are indeed correct.  The ILS's were incorrectly offset in each direction.  I've fixed the issue and will pass the files onto SIM720 for inclusion for their next ENG SP.  EGNR however is offset in one direction in the default FSX and I left it that way in my version.

Cheers, Neil

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...

When I encountered the problem under FSX Steam, I figured it was something to do with me using the various Aero.sors.fr fixes that don't fit well with Orbx (which would make sense, at least to me,) but I've the same in P3D v4 without any such fixes and nothing else that could adulterate the situation at all. To be clear, I have only P3Dv4 and Orbx stuff and nothing else whatsoever.

Also, whilst I'm at it, there's some elevation problems near the Runcorn Bridge which I've never noticed before- on the Runcorn side of the river.

Archived