Vintage jets

wavn

The jets of my youth with all these buttons and gauges: I recently bought the RAZBAM A7 for an incredible 10 Eur. (now at FSS): http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?currency=EUR&manufacturers_id=111&sort=3a; if you want at a time something else as a GA.

Until now flown during 1 day and I like her very much: i.m.o. beautifull modelled: can really recommend her!!

0n8TW.jpg

No one?

Esspecially nice, when you are a bit in a hurry:

z18Ap.jpg

And she is indeed an "ugly beauty":

SQDlc.jpg

She has NDB, VOR (TACAN) and ILS: here everything ready for landing at EHRD:

N9kgA.jpg

Never thought, I could someday fly her for "real"

Hi, I bought quite a few plane lately (see sig) and Razbam one are not up there. Maybe it's my choice of plane but...

The Harrier... is not VTOL in FSX, fly like crap (maybe the real one is like that), it won't stay level in any condition. Both screen are not working.  As for the Convair it's a joke. Unfinished product. But they are all on sale so it's ok for some screenshot.

On the opposite side the L-39 Lotus and the Bronco X are superb plane.

Ben

This NAVY one is of course also "carrier proof".

Every Friday at about 15:30 (GMT 20:30) there is a carrier underway near Norfolk (KNGU, KNTU, KORF) steaming south: weather is fine, so we take a visit with our Vought A7 to have a break with a coffee:

there she is:

2G1J.jpg

concentrate now:

cmwI.jpg

done:

3nLPq.jpg

time goes fast, when you speak old friends: allready darkening: off we go

8GerY.jpg

cosy in this cockpit with the lights on:

cElvL.jpg

a salute to our friends:

PgTjp.jpg

home again:

4X5QF.jpg

(see also http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/69589-even-op-de-koffie-op-de-carrier/)

I do like the Razbam stuff at sales prices, also think the A-7 series rocks, it's just a fun aircraft and although not top end in terms of FSX planes simulation is fun.

If you like vintage jets then would recommend the Milviz F-86F Sabre and Sim Skunk works produce some really great planes, the AV-8B flies wonderfully and they do a mean F-104G + S as well as the very recently released F-84. If you like to try something different Just Flight are selling the Bear Studios  Mig-17 at £16.00 which is worth it IMO, nice jet which saw action in Vietnam and a challenge with everything in Russian.

BTW the AV-8B makes an awesome bush plane!

I do like the Razbam stuff at sales prices, also think the A-7 series rocks, it's just a fun aircraft and although not top end in terms of FSX planes simulation is fun.

If you like vintage jets then would recommend the Milviz F-86F Sabre and Sim Skunk works produce some really great planes, the AV-8B flies wonderfully and they do a mean F-104G + S as well as the very recently released F-84. If you like to try something different Just Flight are selling the Bear Studios  Mig-17 at £16.00 which is worth it IMO, nice jet which saw action in Vietnam and a challenge with everything in Russian.

BTW the AV-8B makes an awesome bush plane!

Thanks Hans: allready have the Milviz F-86F Sabre since a few days: sales at Simmarket (however I have not flown her until now).

Sure liked to have the F104: but now I must wait some time: have allready soooooooooooooo much bought during this "sales period" ???: will be on my list for next year :smile:

(so to see: you can only buy from Sim Skunk at their own site and not at FSS, Simmarket etc. which is a bit of a pity i.m.o.)

If you like carriers then would recommend the freeware Nimitz & Ike by Javier Fernandez, awesome quality and they go perfect with aicarriers2 which allows you to spawn a fleet and steer it into the wind etc. Here is a package containing both.

Below are some of my vintage jets:

F-86 over FTX UK looking out over the North Sea in RAF livery.

2013-12-14_15-0-28-307.png

A-7 in formation with a KC-135 south of Yuma:

2013-12-17_23-45-18-262.png

A-7 flying in formation with a Yuma AI AV-8B:

2013-12-18_0-2-5-394.png

Mig-17 over France in formation with a bizjet, high and fast!

2013-12-18_19-2-34-165.png

Scenery is Orbx with various landclass if FTX Global, Rex textures, Opus FSX weather, Steves DirectX 10 fixer.

Thanks for the mentioning of that site Hans: no malware, spyware etc. in that (because of bad experiences allways a bit affraid of freeware stuff) download?

I a (hopefully) short time Aerosoft will come with a new F14 with carriers included: what I understand also with TACAN and ILS: so that you can also use it in bad weather conditions.

I like carrier use because off the, a bit more, demanding flight capacities   :smile:

It's the link I used so I know it's safe, you'll love it.

For the AI fuel tanker it's a freeware KC-135T and I'm using Tacpack which allows you to spawn a tanker and do air to air refuelling.

The Aerosoft F-14A will I guess come with carrier Kitty Hawk as that seems to be the preset in Tacpack.

If you want some other carrier planes would recommend Dino Cattaneo's F-35 (use to be payware), F-14D (Tacpack enabled) and the excellent T-45, these blow many payware aircraft out the water in terms of quality.

Here is Dino's T-45 ust after I trapped on the Nimitz, flew out of FTK England from Yeovilton then trapped just off the coast.

2013-11-9_0-21-0-486.png

Archived