FTX Global VECTOR Asia Preview P3D 2.0

Hello all,

We are now in the final stages of beta testing VECTOR. This video shows the transition (using Prepar3D v2.0) between default, FTX Global Base and FTX Global VECTOR in various parts of Asia including Bali, Japan, India, Hong Kong and Thailand.

NOTE: This video was made using FSGlobal2010 Mesh from Pilot's. You can see the effect of the mesh in the Thailand segment of the video.

For best viewing, watch it on YouTube at 1080p

We will be publishing a series of preview videos over the coming week and will cover North and South America and Oceania and Africa. Stay tuned!

Looking fantastic - and the difference at Incheon and Ko Samui is simply outstanding!

Just imagining all this now with the later to be released OpenLC product line and i definitely consider myself a super happy flightsimmer!

Great work!

Cheers, Christoph

Oh wow John! Those words give me goose pimples about what's to come :D

These countries with their own more specific and diverse Open landclass and textures...We'll be in sim heaven ::)  :D

What an awesome video!!! Vector just makes such a gorgeous difference in the sim to what is such a beautiful and varied continent :smile: Thank you so so much for doing this! Some really perfect destinations picked out for the vid. Love how the city of Mumbai looks with the difference Vector makes to it. And Ko samui just looks like the gorgeous tourist destination it really is. Just wait till Open LC hits these locations with more custom textures and landclass...Wow!!! I can't even imagine how incredibly 'more realistic' yet again they'll look then. Vector already seems to remarkably transform Asia in the sim. 200% better than this?! Count me in all the way down that road mate! :D Please take as long as you like making Open LC for such regions to as good a standard as Europe and North America...and I for one will be as patient as you like and buy them all whenever you're happy with them and ready to release to market :D Take all the time you need to execute your plan...the result is what counts...and as you say, it definitely appears to be worth waiting for...What we already see here does make us trust you mate! In the meantime, we'll have Vector to really satisfy the discovery of the world at large as Phase 2 is around the corner  :smile: . Truly superb work guys! Thanks for coming through on such incredible teaser preview vids for the regions of the world! Thanks very much indeed! Really really appreciated...Bring on the next one  ::)  Looking wonderful! Right I'm going to try and calm myself down now before I watch the vid again...the excitement's getting silly now :lol:  :lol: :lol:  Thank you Orbx and I'm impressed that the same level of detail appears to be put in all over the globe, if this preview is anything to go by! That's all I really want to say! Looking forward to Christmas even more now!

I just echo all the thoughts and sentiments of the guys above! :smile:

All the best to you!

Sid

Hi JV,

Thank you for this great video showcasing some incedible products.

Since I do not own FTX Global yet (I'll get it for Christmas) I'm startled by watching the Ko Samui part of the video. It looks like FTX Global has a msh included? I always thought it is a texture replaxement programm only.

Thanks for clarification, Wolfgang

Ko Samui, Mumbai, Incheon and Bali were just shockingly different in terms of the coastlines.  Wow.

Woflko, as for Global, the new (and additional) textures do help a lot, but the biggest improvement, IMHO, is the total makeover they gave the autogen buildings.  For me that alone was worth the $$.

Don't worry JV we aren't going anywhere.  Looking forward to seeing your plans being implemented!

Great Video! I am looking forward to this improvement!

And even more to see what the LC-Data will do for us by removing the scattered cities and villages here in Germany.

BTW: How big will FTX-Vector be for the download?

Hi DocBird,

In JV's original announcement post back in September, he estimated VECTOR to be approx. 5 GB in size but that could have changed a little since the announcements as could have one or two other things. I don't know how big the actual download file will be but I hope that gives you some indication :smile: . 5 GB inspires there'll be some nice changes for the better in the sim, bringing the vectors much closer to reality in comparison with default  :smile:

Best regards,

Sid 

Ko Samui, Mumbai, Incheon and Bali were just shockingly different in terms of the coastlines.  Wow.

Don't worry JV we aren't going anywhere.  Looking forward to seeing your plans being implemented!

Yes Rip, you're right, Bali especially looks so incredibly different to me and that difference is most impressive and transforming. Love the look of Bali in the vid...and I like the music in this set of preview vids too. Very serene :smile: I'm looking forward to seeing the impressive rail network around India too...Their Indian Railways being the second largest public organisation on the planet, only smaller than the Chinese army but bigger than our entire National Health Service here in the U.K. That's got to make for some pretty extensive vector work in that part of the world too... :lol:  :D

All the best buddy,

Sid

I did not know that about the Indian RR.  I will have to examine that when Vector comes out. 

In fact, I have been starting to delve into that part of the world just lately, too, but only just starting.  Loading a few freeware airports here and there, just to try them out.

Very  very nice ! but I have one question :

It is very clear at the beginning of the video that Vector "kills" building autogen ( at least half of it goes away) just like UTX does.

Will it be possible to select the type of road we want to appear or not in the sim in order to avoid the problem ?

Archived