Melbourne. A different approach.

VH-KDK

Another ILS practice flight into YMML this time using runway 27.

Had a try in a 737 but a few problems I could not figure out so it is into the trusty SAAB 340.

1.04BTQ.jpg

Departing from Mangalore about 90km north of YMML as the penguin flies.

2.F63ox.jpg

Over Seymour.

3.fA8h.jpg

Near to Kinglake. A beautiful area I spent many Saturdays walking in years ago but decimated by the fires in 2009.

4.ZrC8.jpg

Air Rarotonga SAAB 340 close to the Yan Yean Reservoir.

5.4Lyji.jpg

Diamond Creek Road stands out between St Helena and Plenty.

6.hfn5.jpg

Thomastown, over where I lived when I first came to Oz over 30 years ago. I used to watch  different aircraft types of aircraft and airlines in those days.

7.6Pn53.jpg

Dallas......Victoria not Texas.

8.iFghT.jpg

Westmeadows.

9.bxL7S.jpg

10.l0zMJ.jpg

Seen this view many times from inside the aircraft when flying into YMML, looks so much like RL.

11.Y28c.jpg

Well I am happy with this landing.

12.mJIEF.jpg

Better hold for this one.

That went quite well apart from losing some height over Seymour when switching on the auto pilot, keep practicing.

looking awesome my friend,you are learning the ILS very well,ymml forcast for today is winds are to increase to 22 knots,direction at 135,runway 16 only for arrivals and departures,crosswind runways not available,ect 27.when winds are light they will resume runway 27 for departures only light aircraft 737s,a320,767,dash 8,,and 16 for arrivals and for heavy aircraft departures,ect 787,a380,s,a330s,777s :)

Although your main objective was to practice instrument flying, it gave us many beautiful lighting captures on that evening. Big learning curve when you decide to learn all the possibilities of your instruments, almost never ends.

Lots of charm in your pics.

Cheers,

Sinesio

Fantastic post Martyn , these are awesome screenies .

Brad

looking awesome my friend,you are learning the ILS very well,ymml forcast for today is winds are to increase to 22 knots,direction at 135,runway 16 only for arrivals and departures,crosswind runways not available,ect 27.when winds are light they will resume runway 27 for departures only light aircraft 737s,a320,767,dash 8,,and 16 for arrivals and for heavy aircraft departures,ect 787,a380,s,a330s,777s :)

Nice Set of  Shots !!!!

Nice Martyn..reading manuals is painful..but worth it when it all comes together

Stu

Great shots, and an amazing, as personal-enriched, story, Martyn.

And I love the new Aussie term I have learned from you.

Fine shots Martyn.

cheers

Iain

What a grand set those are Martyn, great job!!

Adam

Many thanks to you all for your great comments.

Interesting shots I love flying around my home in victoria also. I am thinking my lights dont look like yours though ? I have global and australia with latest patches for all including the latest patch that improves the lighting for aus. I have ftx central set to global with hybrid ticked. Weird.

Archived