Welcome to Columbia County: Introducing 05S Vernonia Municipal

Hello everyone,

I am proud to present my first major Orbx project, 05S Vernonia Municipal Airport in Oregon, PNW.

05S is a turf runway airport with a runway length of 896m, so plenty of length to come to a steady stop. However, the airports location is quite unique and challenging, sitting in a 'bowl' in the terrain, with both ends of the runway met immediately by hills :)

The scenery features brand new, high performance vegetation and grass modelled from real pictures taken by me, which gives the airfield enormous charm and character, especially while taxiing around.

All airport buildings feature advanced shadow and ambient occlusion rendering techniques, resulting in a very realistic appearance.

Please note that these shots are pre-beta and do not represent the final product.

xrbHN.jpg

Coverage area

The scenery covers a very large, fully autogenned area, including the surrounding clear cuts and valleys, the entire township of Vernonia, and a very challenging bonus airfield, 30OR Bero Field, a few miles south. This is all represented in beautiful, crisp 30cm and 60cm imagery.

Vb6EH.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the previews :)

Airfield

qbP6V.jpg

EDxos.jpg

uxGP.jpg

XPSFC.jpg

WFERy.jpg

Z64W.jpg

Surroundings

s3TH9.jpg

R8YFU.jpg

DzG9u.jpg

Cheers, Misha

Its fields like these in that area of the US that reminds me of what GeoRender had started way back in the day. Its nice to see that concept of small fields like these being represented. Great work and if it can work in DX10 then I'm a future buyer of it.

Superb work Misha, I am very impressed by what has been done on this airport and area. I am definitely waiting for the release and I'll be there as a customer.  ;D I am very impressed with the knowledge and capacity of all the Orbx developers.

Archived