Airport Control panel settings, how to restore or where stored?

theskyisthelimit99

The airport control panels are on the main window of FTX Central, in the right hand menu. Also each airport installer leaves a copy of the control panel on your desktop

thanks.. yep i'm aware of their location, sorry my question maybe was vague at first..

I'm wondering where their settings get stored on the harddrive.. IE: each one doesn't always have a "reset to defaults" option.. so short of uninstalling and reinstalling an airport, if you make a bunch of changes to an individual airport's settings, i was trying to find a way to restore either by backing up the files related to this or some other means?

Thanks again

The control panel scripts are stored in Orbx\scripts, however they work by renaming files in the main scenery folder of the addon in question so no changes actually take place in the scripts folder itself. It's possible to open these scripts in notepd and decipher which files they rename based on the code within, but unless the developer that wrote the script has specifically stated which configuration is considered "default" it may not be obvious which state the files should be in to constitute a default setting. To revert to default, probably the most sure fire way to get it right is to completely delete the airport's folder and reinstall the airport. If you don't delete the folder first there's a good chance you'll end up with duplicate files, for example a copy of "some_file.bgl" and another named "some_file.bgl.OFF" if you've previously made changes within the control panel. This will render the control panel useless of course because it's expecting to find only one or the other in the scenery folder but not both.

When you reinstall an airport remember to always follow it with an installation of the latest Orbxlibs and just to make sure everything else is in proper order it's also a good idea to reinstall any region patches that may apply at that point as well. I personally would install the airport first followed by the region patch(es), and then lastly the latest Orbxlibs.

Jim

The control panel scripts are stored in Orbx\scripts, however they work by renaming files in the main scenery folder of the addon in question so no changes actually take place in the scripts folder itself. It's possible to open these scripts in notepd and decipher which files they rename based on the code within, but unless the developer that wrote the script has specifically stated which configuration is considered "default" it may not be obvious which state the files should be in to constitute a default setting. To revert to default, probably the most sure fire way to get it right is to completely delete the airport's folder and reinstall the airport. If you don't delete the folder first there's a good chance you'll end up with duplicate files, for example a copy of "some_file.bgl" and another named "some_file.bgl.OFF" if you've previously made changes within the control panel. This will render the control panel useless of course because it's expecting to find only one or the other in the scenery folder but not both.

When you reinstall an airport remember to always follow it with an installation of the latest Orbxlibs and just to make sure everything else is in proper order it's also a good idea to reinstall any region patches that may apply at that point as well. I personally would install the airport first followed by the region patch(es), and then lastly the latest Orbxlibs.

Jim

Thank you for the information this is perfect.. shame there is no default toggle, but this information does shed some light on what to do for now.

Archived